Door Wiring Diagram / Courtesy (puddle) Light Retrofit

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
arrowT
New
Drives: VW polo 2013 1.4

Door Wiring Diagram / Courtesy (puddle) Light Retrofit

Post by arrowT »

Hi all,

My end goal is to fit a 12v LED strip to my door, that turns on when the door is opened and turns off when the door is closed.

Here's what i've tried to do:

Initially, I was going to use the power to a normal puddle / courtesy light, but after checking my car door, it appears that my car doesn't have a door courtesy light, and after looking on the internet, I think none of the polo's do either.

My next step was to try to look up the wiring diagram for within the door. I figured there must be a 12v power supply to the door, and I could potentially couple that with a reed switch to produce the effect I want, however I have looked everywhere and I have been unable to find one anywhere.

A more ideal solution would be if the wiring loom inside the door actually has a 12v rail that's only on when the door is open, however, again, I'm unable to find one anywhere.

Thanks for your help!!
patil
Silver Member
Drives: Polo6r/1.2TSI/DSG7, T-roc'20 1.5TSI/DSG7

Re: Door Wiring Diagram / Courtesy (puddle) Light Retrofit

Post by patil »

Hello arrowT

For installing door led strip:

Positive wire: +30( permanant plus) from fusebox or from window motor power supply(+30).. t16 connector.

Negative wire: Door lock ground wire(T8 connector)

You can follow the wiring diagrams here.. :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=64354#p488807

Courtesy: Master Ciclo 8)