Is this throttle behavior normal?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
mirceaculita
Silver Member
Drives: 6R 1.2TDI 75hp

Is this throttle behavior normal?

Post by mirceaculita »

I've always felt like my throttle respone is somewhat off. I've checked the egr valve the turbo actuator, did vcds scans and to no avail.

While waiting for a friend I just randomly started to rev my engine very slowly and noticed when I release the gas pedal very very very very slow at the very end of the pedal travel, the engine revs drop from 1.5-1.6 to idle instantly.

If I want to control the engine revs with accuracy I would have to move my foot EXTREMELY slow for the last 1-2 cm of pedal travel.

I just wanted to know if this is normal or there could be something wrong with my gas pedal.

I also remember checking the gas pedal travel with my friend's vcds and it only went up to 91% (I'm not sure if this is relevant in any way)
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Re: Is this throttle behavior normal?

Post by amer6R »

Diesel?
They shouldn't fall instantly, yes they to fall faster. But this can depend on mass of your flywheel.

They fall same speed as from any other revs 2500 etc.
mirceaculita
Silver Member
Drives: 6R 1.2TDI 75hp

Post by mirceaculita »

This is a recording of the issue(if it is an issue) I have. You can see how little I have to move my foot for the engine to go from idle to around 1800 revs. And how the revs drop back to idle as soon as I try and lift my foot. (I basically have no control over the revs under 2000 in first and second so when going slowly the car jerks a lot)

I just feel like this is WAAAY to sensitive. Having to move the pedal less than 0.5cm for for this many revs.

Please ignore the dirty af rugs.

https://youtu.be/H6jJWhKx6RU
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Post by amer6R »

Hope this helps out
https://youtu.be/MWOM0mhNphI