Newbie needing some clarification

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
m95mcdonnell
New
Drives: Polo Match 1.2 TSI 2016

Newbie needing some clarification

Post by m95mcdonnell »

Hi there, I just bought my 1st car - a polo match (mk5 facelift reg date is nov 2016), love driving it it's so bloody awesome!
I just have an issue with the kit included:
I've had a look online and it seems to state that the polo match comes with electrically folding wing mirrors and compatible android auto/apple play. Both these features are not in my polo however, is this possible/normal?

Thanks!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Newbie needing some clarification

Post by SRGTD »

Your door mirrors will be electrically heated and adjustable but the electric folding function wasn’t standard on the Match (it was standard on the Match Edition model) - electrically folding door mirrors were an extra cost option on the Match (cost around £160 extra if they’d been specified by the first owner when the car was ordered from the factory).

I think that Carnet App Connect which provided Apple Car Play and Android Auto functionality was an extra cost option on all 6c Polo models other than the March Edition and Beats models where it was standard. If you press the ‘menu’ button at the side of the infotainment screen, you’ll see various icons. If you don’t have an ‘App Connect’ icon then unfortunately your infotainment unit isn’t Apple Car Play / Android Auto compatible. If you have the icon, press it and you should see the message as per the picture below - and it should be possible to get App Connect activated.

Imagefree image hosting website

The activation key used to cost in the region of £250 from the VW dealer (assume it’s still a similar cost). A note of caution - some of the MIB2 infotainment units (like the one in your car) weren’t compatible with Carnet App Connect. I think the non compatible units were installed some of the earlier 6c Polos. However, a late 2016 Polo ought to have an infotainment unit that is App Connect compatible though.

There’s a lengthy discussion thread on App Connect on the forum - link to that thread below;

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=67691
m95mcdonnell
New
Drives: Polo Match 1.2 TSI 2016

Re: Newbie needing some clarification

Post by m95mcdonnell »

Hey thanks for your reply, it amazes me how many different trim levels you get nowadays, it confuses the hell out of me!