USB port centre console

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Matteole
New
Drives: 64 plate Polo

USB port centre console

Post by Matteole »

I’ve just recently bought my 64 plate polo off my parents, I want to be able to set up something like mirror link or apple play in the future however I discovered that the USB port in my polo is only able to charge my phone. Apparently the wrong one was installed and if I wanted to use it to stream music via my phone etc I need to put in an interactive port? If anyone could give me any advice on if it’d be possible to change the port it’d be much appreciated!
Thanks
mosmadsam
New
Drives: 6C BlueGT

Re: USB port centre console

Post by mosmadsam »

Interactive port? I thought the USB port was standard, have you checked it's not the wire that you're using is giving you problems? I've had some trouble with cheaper wires before. If not, do you have the bluetooth system to stream music instead?
Matteole
New
Drives: 64 plate Polo

Re: USB port centre console

Post by Matteole »

Hiya, I’ve got a VW official cable which has worked in my friends 68 plate up and also in my parents 17 plate Passat. I did some digging ages ago where someone mentioned that the type of port they put in couldn’t transfer data and only could be used to charge. I get a warning every time I plug my phone into charge that the USB port isn’t supported despite using VW official cables. I don’t know how I’d be able to find one that’ll transfer data to swap it out with. It’s all a bit complicated for me and yes the Bluetooth works however I want to set up satnav etc through the system and possibly upgrade to apple play in the future as the system is starting to show its age.