Oil Pressure waring light+sound low rpm

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Polobear6r
New
Drives: Polo

Oil Pressure waring light+sound low rpm

Post by Polobear6r »

So I’m having some issues with my oil pressure. It all started a few months ago when I drove +- 50Kmh in 5th gear. The oil waring light+sound went on 1 time and went off again. I checked the oil level and it was near the bottom to the lowest line. (so it was still between the level it should be. I refilled the oil to the upper level and I seemed fine for a week.
But now when the engine is warm and I’m in 5th gear while driving around 50kmh/60kmh (31mph/37mph) I get an oil waring light on the dash with an alarm sound.
It mostly sounds 1 of 2 times and then it goes away again.

When I shift down to 4th gear and make more RPM’s the alarm also goes away.

I went to the garage and measured the oil pressure while the engine was warm. It was 3BAR (43.5 PSI) stationary and 5 BAR(72.5 PSI) with some RPM.
That seems some good values to me.

I renewed the oil pressure sensor but the problem still exists. I might even be worse now, but that’s just a feeling.

The engine runs fine and after I filled the oil level to the right level it does not seem to use or leak any oil.

Are there some more things I can check? Is there a way to read oil pressure directly from VCDS?
Some recommend to check the oil pickup line from the oilpan / oilsump? (not sure how it’s called in English) to check if its clogged.

And can it be a faulty or worn out oil pump? Or can I be just as simple as a clogged oil filter?
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Oil Pressure waring light+sound low rpm

Post by iichel »

what is the status of the oil? clean? recently changed? status of the filter?
Polobear6r
New
Drives: Polo

Post by Polobear6r »

iichel wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:31 am what is the status of the oil? clean? recently changed? status of the filter?
I have the car for like 14 months i guess? i have never changed the oil or filter.
Few months ago i put about 1 Liter in it to get it form low oil stick to top oil stick.

Bad oil can cause my issue? It's never a bad idea to put in some new oil and filter i guess... Thanks for the suggestion.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

I'm thinking more of a clogged oil filter, blocked oil line or bad oil in general.