Cruise control but no speed limiter?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
ls97
New
Drives: 2017 1.0 (110bhp) R-Line 5dr

Cruise control but no speed limiter?

Post by ls97 »

I recently bought a used 2017 Polo 1.0L (110bhp) R-Line 5 door. Been playing around with the various options and I was surprised to find that it seemingly has cruise control but no speed limiter function!
The cruise control definitely works fine using the controls on the steering wheel. But there's nothing in the options or any button I can find that would active the speed limiter. I couldn't find anything in the manual either (edition November 2016). It seems super weird to me, and a bummer as I would love to be able to use the speed limiter in trafficked, camera-ridden London.

Here's a picture of the wheel and stalk:
wheel.jpg
wheel.jpg (28.18 KiB) Viewed 2095 times
Can anyone confirm whether my suspicions are correct? And if so, is it possible to get the speed limiter retro-fitted somehow?
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Cruise control but no speed limiter?

Post by iichel »

Yes you are correct. I think you need a set of buttons with a mode button, but I'm unsure whether that's all that there is to it.
spacewalker
Bronze Member
Drives: Just a VW

Post by spacewalker »

check if you can code that in ECU
rbz5416
Getting There!
Drives: 6C

Post by rbz5416 »

Not sure what you mean by a speed limiter that's different to the speed set by the cruise control? In town driving I just set the cruise to whatever the speed limit is.

But you may be able to set a speed warning for winter tyres. Mine is set to 75, just as a reminder I'm drifting over the NSL. That brings up a ping & message in the display. Only pings once as you pass it, so not going off constantly. Not sure what the range of that setting is but maybe some help.
ls97
New
Drives: 2017 1.0 (110bhp) R-Line 5dr

Post by ls97 »

rbz5416, a speed limiter is different from cruise control in that it sets a maximum speed over which the throttle cuts off, it doesn't attempt to maintain that speed.

Thanks all for the suggestions, trying to see if my dealer will do anything as speed limiter was included in the specs when I bought the car.