Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
GTR King
New
Drives: Polo GTI 2011

Polo GTi 2011 3 Door

Post by GTR King »

Need help

Ok so I have Polo GTi 2011 89k miles on the clock

So for the last year or 2 the Engine management light keeps coming on when doing long journeys.

My local garage in June 2019 cleaned all the sensors, told me car safe to drive and car ran like a charm for a year then light came back on May 2020 so local garage cleaned all sensors car ran fine till November when light came on (Flashing) over speed bump and Rev counter went funny, check fault code came up as exhaust sensor (Lambda). Was meant to be sorted in jan but covid issues (Not me) prevented that

Took to another garage to have window regulators fixed £300 ish pounds, they checked car with VAG code reader about 8 codes come up Lambda Sensor was one of them but couldn’t fix it as told me they reset codes and to drive car till they come back on Car seemed ok till August,

Engine Management Light came back on whilst driving on M4 to see family & to Haynes Motor Museum over weekend of 23rd August.

Car drove like s**t whilst driving around bath couldn’t cope with the hills & was struggling like hell to change gears especially Gears 4 to 5 (Still Struggles Sometimes now)

Got car home safely to Suffolk took to local garage again nothing on code reader and checked lambda sensors they weren’t faulty, said drive car till back on as it safe to drive,

Last Friday mum (Her car broke down before that) drove to Heathrow & Back to pick family member up, And light came on but car seemed ok,

took to same garage after work had about 8 fault codes come up main one was DSG Clutch, £600+ they quoted

So what my best option to get the car fixed for good as fed up not knowing what’s wrong don’t wanna be spending £1000/£2000+ to get it repaired.

Car still Struggles to change from 4th to 5th gear & feels bit sluggish

Any advice would be appreciated or should I just get rid of it. Please help
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Polo GTi 2011 3 Door

Post by iichel »

I'd repair it, regardless of whether you decide to keep it or not. A car in broken condition will struggle to sell for the same price as a functioning car. Even after correcting for the repair costs.
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Post by amer6R »

people will low ball you with broken car. They will bring "self called tehnicians" and tell additional things are broken witch they arent to bring the price even lower.

I think that decision maker will be the condition of your engine. 1.4 tsi engine issues.
GTR King
New
Drives: Polo GTI 2011

Post by GTR King »

1st off I want to be told what the issue is and how much it gonna cost to fix, as being going on for far to long need it sorted, Garage gonna fully look at it Friday to try find issue and tell me costs, and try get quotes for DSG Clutch this week just incase,

If it's a small issue like a sensor etc and gonna cost around £200-£600 happy with that,

But if it's a very big Job and gonna cost £2000/£3000+ then I wanna get rid of it ASAP and buy new car

Will just rest Code and flog it for part exchange or someone like webuyanycar sold as seen,

Are 7 Speed DSG Gearbox's prone to go wrong?