Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Runner
New
Drives: 2015,1l

Front wipers malfunction

Post by Runner »

Hi guys,

I have vw polo 2015, 1lt.
The front wipers refuse to stop even in the off position.
Is it a relay, electric engine or the switch?

Thank you for any information you may provide.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Front wipers malfunction

Post by RUM4MO »

There is evidence to suggest that many "same model version" VW Polo/SEAT Ibiza/Skoda Fabia, and probably Audi A2 have needed new wiper switch assembly to correct this issue.

Some people have actually taken the switch assembly off and taken it apart and cleaned it up, and doing that sorted out this issue - but I don't know for how long.

Another frequent suggestion is to get access to this switch, and unplug its cable - if doing that stops the wipers operating then it will be a switch issue, if doing that does not stop the wipers operating then it could be a cabling or more likely a controller issue.

If you have access to someone that owns VCDS or similar VW Group fully compliant scan tool, they could check if the controller was actually receiving a command to operate the wipers or not when the wiper switch was being switched on, and not when the wiper switch was not being switched on.

Edit:- I'd suggest that you delete the duplicate thread as it is serving no useful purpose.
Runner
New
Drives: 2015,1l

Post by Runner »

Thank you very much for your reply 👍🤗
I will try that.
Neilinmk
New
Drives: 999 cc S

Post by Neilinmk »

We had the same issue. Wipers on even when turned off. Lion garage in Nottingham fixed it for us. As others have suggested, The contacts on the switch (control stalk) were dirty and apparently metal particles can short the switch. They cleaned and regreased the switch and all working fine.