low beam problems

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
dgirllamius
New
Drives: 1.6 TDI Match

low beam problems

Post by dgirllamius »

Hey guys,

So I have a 2012 TDI polo and it's getting on my last wick. A while ago I was driving to work at night and I noticed that the left hand side beam wasn't working. High beam also wouldn't go on either. I have xenon headlamps and a retrofitted auto light thingy that uses the light sensor on the windscreen.

I took the fuse out because I thought it was that that was broken. Turns out it was ok so I put it back in and it started working again. I thought maybe it got a little loose, I dunno.

Anyway, yesterday the same thing happened again, so again fuse out, fuse in, worked fine.

This morning it happened again. So as always, I took the fuse out, put it back in and noticed that the indoor light came back on (they seem to be connected in some way). So I turn the engine on and again, the left low beam was off. Light switch set to AUTO.

What on earth could it be? Could it be a problem with this thing I have for auto lights or something else? Its getting on my last nerves.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: low beam problems

Post by iichel »

It's difficult to say. Is your xenon from factory? Do you have a scan with vcds?