Hello! - Just joined . . !

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Post by PhilGTi »

Get some 6n2 (yours but facelift) GTI alloys, you can get them on ebay for £495 with tyres fitted, brand new with centre caps. If you want a link just ask!

Phill.
BalinJu
Getting There!

Post by BalinJu »

those are wonderfull :)
polopowah
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Hertfordshire Drives: Ford Puma 1.7 Enjoys: Mowing grass

Post by polopowah »

yeah multi-spoked alloys tend to suit polo's better (except deep-dished wheels) but at the end of the day its down to personal preference!
welcome to the forum :)
-Ben-
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Post by PhilGTi »

Send me a pic of ur car, and a pic of the alloys and ill photoshop them on, im professional ;)

Phill
polopowah

Post by polopowah »

yep thats ma polo, tis my baby! (should really be my girlfriend though!)
cheers, yeah they are 16" tsw pace, looking to change them when i can afford to though, as they are becoming abit kerbed :oops:
i think they will look ace those 100+ phantom alloys i believe? seen them on a corsa round here, think thats what they are called.
-Ben-
carmadaaron

Post by carmadaaron »

i believe Ben has 195/45/16
these on a mk5 wont rub at standard height, (due to slightly rolled arches compared to the mk4)
depends what lowering you want, im sure Ben's rub at full lock and in reverse :)

the ideal size for no rubbing will be 195/40/16, however these are more expensive
JTLondon
Silver Member

Re: Hello! - Just joined . . !

Post by JTLondon »

CymruPolo wrote:Anyway, I've finally found another one and I bought it today, so I thought I might as well join 8) . It's got white Momo 17" alloys on it at the moment which is unpracticle really 'cause they rub when I go over speed bumps and scrape at full lock, so I want to replace them with some new 15". The only problem is I don't know which ones to get. Can anyone recommend some alloys that look good on a Polo and give me some sites if you've got some with good deals? Thanks.
White Momos... cool 8)
What colour is your Mk4... you got any pics of it?

I'm looking to put some white 15s on my car... just need to bore the centre bigger to fit.
polopowah

Post by polopowah »

yup aaron's right
on 195,45,16 lowered 75mm i hardly get any rubbing (had to take the rear mudguards off as the rear tyres were rubbing on that)
occasionally if im going too fast down a bumpy road it screeches as the tyre hits the car somehwhere at the rear, and of course full lock in reverse is the worst!
-Ben-