Is It Rare?

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
Freeman85
New
Drives: 1998 1.6 100hp Estate

Is It Rare?

Post by Freeman85 »

New to the forum, Hi everyone!

I own a 1998 Polo estate with the 1.6 AFT engine which is mainly in Golfs and Seats.

It's not concourse but has only done about 54K and only really has some bodywork to be be put right and a new set of wheels to be excellent condition.

I'm thinking of selling it as I am in need of a motorway cruiser for a new job. The GF thinks it's worthless based on it's age etc, but I'm convinced it's worth something based on the estate being rare as it is, and it seems the AFT in a Polo is even rarer.

Am I right here? Is it as unusual as I feel it is?
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: Is It Rare?

Post by alexperkins »

The polo estate is fairly rare in its own right. It doesnt command a huge value in the used market, and the AFT block is nothing to shout about - fairly standard in these given its a bigger body

You may get a decent figure back for it, but its nothing particularly special as such im afraid.
Freeman85
New
Drives: 1998 1.6 100hp Estate

Post by Freeman85 »

Thank you for the reply, Alex.

That's fair, thank you for the information. I will not try and fool myself into thinking it's worth top dollar if I think about part-exing it!
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

You’ll get more on a private sale. Part ex will scrape the barrel
Greenmachine98
New
Drives: Cl auto

Post by Greenmachine98 »

Look on this site I found as I have never seen another of my model polo it’s www.howmanyleft.co.uk and shows how many actually left shocking and wish had kept my old cars 🤦🏼‍♂️