Cornering lights polo gt bluemotion

Vasey
Getting There!
Drives: Polo gt bluemotion

Cornering lights polo gt bluemotion

Post by Vasey »

Hi to everyone thanks for accepting me into the forum, I've just purchased a polo gt bluemotion on a 63 plate,really pleased with the car so far but there's a few things what I would like to do if possible? Could anyone tell me if I could have the cornering lights added when turning and when you open the car with the key fob the front lights come on.....many thanks
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: Cornering lights polo gt bluemotion

Post by ciclo »

Hi Vasey, welcome
Both things are possible.

Do you have VCDS? (to know the specs of your 6R).

Rain Light Sensor, Bixenon, front Fog lights?
Vasey
Getting There!

Post by Vasey »

Hi ciclo I don't have vcds as this is the first vw I have owned,it has the rain sensor it's got normal lights and it hasn't got any controls on the steering wheel if this helps it has got front fog lights and the lights next to them are the day light running lights. Many thanks
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Ok, no problem if you do not have a multifunction steering wheel.

Click--> assuming your 6R is like this BlueGT, the static cornering lights for your fog lights can be activated by a simple coding with VCDS. Recommend buying a VCDS cable, I tell you how to do it when you have the VCDS cable.

------

As for Coming home, Leaving home ---> http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/ ... ome-system
and Headlight Activation, automatic ---> http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/ ... -automatic
Please you also read the pages 108, 109, 113 of this manual :arrow: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2nv91 ... sp=sharing

... for the Polo 6R BlueGT there is only one way to have all this. For example, take a look here :arrow: only where it says Automatic lights + CH/LH.

This wiring installation is for original equipment and everything will work great on your BlueGT.
Vasey
Getting There!

Post by Vasey »

Hi ciclo my gt is the same as the 1 in the link, where should I start first then? Is it vcds cable? Or do I buy the part to do the lights only thing is could I do this of the instructions I'd be given many thanks
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Hi Vasey

First:
Purchase the VCDS cable.
To make the purchase in the UK (which is very important) ask for good advice here in the forum. Or googling.

Second:
Of course you can do everything from the instructions, otherwise (which is not possible if you have my email) you would be the only one of thousands that would not be able to do it. :wink:
Having my email involves many more things than you imagine right now ... ask in the forum to whom you want.
Easy condition... If you buy this wiring for automatic lights you get my email. This wiring is guaranteed for life, so you can already imagine what you are buying.

Hmm...I do not need to sell this wiring but I offer you this opportunity, it's my only intention, you can be absolutely sure.

Summarizing what you need to make everything work perfectly in your BlueGT when installing automatic lights + CH/LH.

- VCDS cable.

- AUTO switch. References here

- Tool. Link to buy in UK

- This wiring. click on pic to enlarge

- To me.

Image :lol:
Vasey
Getting There!

Post by Vasey »

Hi ciclo 1 more question my freind,will the lights come on themselves when it gets dark or not?? plus are you sure I will be able to do this........ many thanks
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Vasey wrote:will the lights come on themselves when it gets dark or not??
Yes.
Headlight Activation, automatic ---> http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/ ... -automatic
Vasey wrote: plus are you sure I will be able to do this...
Yes, you can.

However, please can you show me two pictures of your BlueGT (interior, exterior). Thanks.
In case of Image some kind of disability it would be something more complicated (I guess) but would also be possible. :wink:

Vasey
Getting There!

Post by Vasey »

ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vasey
Getting There!

Post by Vasey »

Hi ciclo apologies for taken so long to reply here are a few photos of my gt many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Vasey wrote:Hi ciclo apologies for taken so long to reply here are a few photos of my gt many thanks
8)
No problem. Do not worry!
Vasey wrote: Could anyone tell me if I could have the cornering lights added when turning .....many thanks
If you already have the VCDS cable, please post here a VCDS Autoscan and I tell you how to do it.

Also: If you want to add more functions please read this link (it is for another forum user) and tell me what you would like, so I can codify your BCM to your personal taste.
Do not copy the coding from the link (it is specific to that GTI), you will get many faults in your BlueGT (Bluemotion) if you do.

Let me codify your specific BCM coding for you. :wink:
Vasey wrote:.... and when you open the car with the key fob the front lights come on.....many thanks
This is 'Leaving Home' function, which is included in the Automatic lights function/feature. To be able to have the Automatic Lights you need to install the wiring from what we have already spoken previously, plus the Light Switch (AUTO).

A highly recommended modification for 6R.

Click :arrow: A
Dtype
New
Drives: VW Polo 1.2 TDi HighLine

Post by Dtype »

Sorry to hijack the thread, but its possible to code fog/static cornering lights as DRL without auto/bi-xenon? (my car has static cornering lights on fog lights)
I had DRL on low beam via pin 3 on light switch that I already disconected, and turn off parking ligths when turn on the key,
Thanks
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Maybe, probably not.

What BCM do you have installed?
Dtype
New
Drives: VW Polo 1.2 TDi HighLine

Post by Dtype »

ciclo wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:51 pm Maybe, probably not.

What BCM do you have installed?
is this:
Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519) Labels: 6R0-937-08x-09.clb
Part No SW: 6R0 937 087 K HW: 6R0 937 087
Component: BCM PQ25 H+4 H46 0251
Revision: BF046001 Serial number: 0434 144110128
Coding: 3CB029BF08A10000012808006C2B06D80000412F60860000200000000000
Shop #: WSC 00788 648 00255
VCID: 4581B79FCC543D36E75-8010
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

I explain you, so that a BCM PQ25 can manage the DRLs (in any lamp) it's necessary that it receives the signal for its operation from the light switch, this is through the wire that arrives from the light switch to PIN 29 BCM white connector 'B'.

Your BCM doesn't have that PIN. You can check it in this image :arrow: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/zBcAAOSw ... -l1600.jpg

Therefore it isn't possible in your 6R.