Mirror Info

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
wilde67
Getting There!

Mirror Info

Post by wilde67 »

Hey guys!

Probably a really stupid question, but how do i know if i have heated mirrors. I know some GTIs come with them, but do all? I was told by the guy i got the car from in the summer that mine did. Should they come on with the rear screen? Tried this the other day, but no luck in the cold. So im thinking either i dont have them or there is a dead fuse or relay somewhere.

Either way, any idea where the fuse is/which one it is or any help at all?

Cheers guys!

Tom.
tegwin
Gold Member

Re: Mirror Info

Post by tegwin »

I was under the impression that it was a standard feature... should come on with rear screen....

Check all the fuses, and then check the wires in the mirrors..

Its possible the car had a small smash and the mirrors were replaced with non electric ones..
P0l0_GTi
Bronze Member

Post by P0l0_GTi »

all GTi mirrors are heated ! They turn on with the rear screen window.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

P0l0_GTi wrote:all GTi mirrors are heated ! They turn on with the rear screen window.
This is true, but whether they still work is another thing. I'm pretty sure one of mine doesn't work. Like tegwin said check all fuses and the two wires connected to the back of the mirror.
wilde67
Getting There!

Post by wilde67 »

Thanks guys!

Now I know that they should be there, im happy to have a poke around. Just didnt want to waste a day in the freezing cold trying to fix something I didnt even have.

Do you think its worth getting the Haynes manual, even though it doesnt cover the GTI. Are the fuses and wiring diagrams going to similar?
tegwin
Gold Member

Post by tegwin »

Generally the wiring diagrams in Haynes manuals are drawn by blind hampsters...... but they are occasionally useful!
Topper
New
Drives: 2001 1.4polo se

Post by Topper »

1.4polo heated mirror not working possibly the relay but I can't find it any ideas please