New GTI Ordered!

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member
Drives: 6R GTI

Re: My black gti progress thread

Post by funlovincriminal »

I made the red bbs centre caps myself, bought the red bbs stickers from Hong Kong via ebay, then stuck them to some old Vw centre caps and gave them a few coats of clear lacquer.
I can get you the link for the stickers if you want later on
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Looking very nice mate :) reminds me of my old GTI

16" BBS RXII's FTW! 8)
menocal
Bronze Member

Post by menocal »

funlovincriminal wrote:I made the red bbs centre caps myself, bought the red bbs stickers from Hong Kong via ebay, then stuck them to some old Vw centre caps and gave them a few coats of clear lacquer.
I can get you the link for the stickers if you want later on

Ok...
Thank's :D
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Post by Moosegirl »

I like this a lot! 8)

It also reminds me of Ben's old GTI :wink:
Verity
Gold Member

Re: Re: My black gti progress thread

Post by Verity »

Cars looking great in the photos!!
funlovincriminal wrote:
Also a crappy pic of my polo with my mates gti which I made them buy:D but it has had everything go wrong with it including the gearbox immediately after purchase oops:eek:
I got one of my best mates to buy a GTI. was so excited when she got one. but its had problem after problem and has spent more time off the road then on :oops:
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member

Moosegirl wrote:I like this a lot! 8)

It also reminds me of Ben's old GTI :wink:
6N2 GTI 00 wrote:Looking very nice mate :) reminds me of my old GTI

16" BBS RXII's FTW! 8)
It also reminds me of Ben's old gti! When I bought first bought the car a few years ago I joined uk-polos.net & as soon as I saw Ben's black GTI I decided I wanted mine similar style to him (especially 16'' bbs'). I won't be getting the bumpers smoothed any time soon though, however the bumper could do with a respray..... so who knows :wink: .......................
Verity wrote:Cars looking great in the photos!!
funlovincriminal wrote:
Also a crappy pic of my polo with my mates gti which I made them buy:D but it has had everything go wrong with it including the gearbox immediately after purchase oops:eek:
I got one of my best mates to buy a GTI. was so excited when she got one. but its had problem after problem and has spent more time off the road then on :oops:
Yep nightmare innit! The electric windows are now broken on theirs....

funlovincriminal wrote:This is a niggle which is driving me mad, the indicator clicking noise is going off randomly when I go near steering wheel or stalks. Indicators work fine though! Anyone else had this random problem? I will be inspecting it further tomorrow........
I'm gonna post this in the mk5 section

Still a few thigs left to do on the car, first job, doing something with the front splitter, it is scratched to F%*^.
Maybe just buy a new one from VW, I think prefer it standard than painted

a front view pic:

Endi_GTI
Gold Member

Post by Endi_GTI »

Beautiful man :D
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Post by Moosegirl »

I would personally ditch the red trim on the grille, its personal preferance with it though. Some people like it and some dont.

I think they look so good without it :D
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Looks stunning mate :) just something special about black cars, they are hard work to keep clean but when they are clean nothing comes close :mrgreen: beautiful

Glad my car provided a bit of inspiration too, always nice to know :)

Red Grill Trim looks good IMO, I ran mine with & without but couldnt decide which looked best.
I always think if your running a black front VW badge then it looks better without but if you have the OEM Chrome badge then it looks better with the strip 8)

Looks good either way
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member

6N2 GTI 00 wrote:Looks stunning mate :) just something special about black cars, they are hard work to keep clean but when they are clean nothing comes close :mrgreen: beautiful

Glad my car provided a bit of inspiration too, always nice to know :)

Red Grill Trim looks good IMO, I ran mine with & without but couldnt decide which looked best.
I always think if your running a black front VW badge then it looks better without but if you have the OEM Chrome badge then it looks better with the strip 8)

Looks good either way
Yeah, I think your right about black badge & no trim, silver badge & red trim works.

Think I'll get myself a black badge for a change at some point.

Yep black cars are the best when clean, but only stay clean for the first couple of miles!

Was front splitter painted on yours? looks good
TriggerFish
Silver Member

Post by TriggerFish »

My Golf indicators do that too, regardless of what I'm doing.

UKmkivs suggest it's a build up of dust etc at the stalk end, making connections randomly. Sounds possible, but unlikely as like you, the lights don't flash, its just the relay clicking.
benmkiv
Platinum Member

My black gti progress thread

Post by benmkiv »

Yeah get the Matt black splitter, £60 from dealers though :(
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member

Re: Re: My black gti progress thread

funlovincriminal wrote:This is a niggle which is driving me mad, the indicator clicking noise is going off randomly when I go near steering wheel or stalks. Indicators work fine though! Anyone else had this random problem? I will be inspecting it further tomorrow........
TriggerFish wrote:My Golf indicators do that too, regardless of what I'm doing.

UKmkivs suggest it's a build up of dust etc at the stalk end, making connections randomly. Sounds possible, but unlikely as like you, the lights don't flash, its just the relay clicking.
This is driving me mad, I've had it all apart, sprayed some contact cleaner down there, was fine for 5minutes, then it got worse & now it won't stop clicking, so much so that it is now booked in to go to Vw. For £130 they are replacing indicator stalk........
I also looked into fitting cruise control stalk instead, but can't find anyone willing to do it. I try and stay away from diy electronics:grin:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk
TriggerFish
Silver Member

Post by TriggerFish »

Be cheaper to try the relay first rather than the stalk!

My thoughts on it are that if it were the stalk end then surely the lights would flash (they don't on my Golf) as it's making a connection, so no different to being done manually? Therefore I'm leaning towards the relay itself being a duff and some of the contacts in there moving around. I would have a go on my Golf, see what I find, but it's in the garage (where it's been for the last month -_-) waiting for repairs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/no-191-VW-GOL ... 597wt_1037 Check that's the right one first though!

If you look on the Golf forums it's a common problem, but no fixed cause (relay, hazzard unit or the stalk). I'd always start with the cheapest option!
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member

Thanks for the info, but It's going into vw tomorrow, it's driving me mad & i don't have the time or patience this week to dismantle the dash, steering wheel,airbag......... I've had the covers off exposing the indicators a couple of times this week & i'm convinced it's the Stalk, as before you could mess around with it & make the clicking stop, so like a dodgy connection on the stalk - the relay clicks away almost none stop without actualy putting the indicators on at all. & I've tried contact cleaner sprayed on the connections. Also there is quite a bit of 'play' in the indicator stalk compared to my mates gti.

Also might see if I can sneak a test drive of the new polo gti while I'm at the stealers :lol: