Re: VAG-COM ERROR CODES

Post by alexperkins »

Keep us posted ;)
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member
Drives: 6R GTI

Wet Polo

Post by funlovincriminal »

I had the car looked at last month & it was the lambda sensor, wiring was intact so got it replaced. All vag commed & is spot on.

The only hiccup was at weekend (a very wet weekend up Northeast)- Started the engine on Saturday morning & it was missfiring....... Looked under bonnet & it was canny damp under there, the sound deadening material on u/s of bonnet was really wet too. So water is getting in somewhere - it probably rained so hard it's been bouncing off the floor under the car or sideways through grills :shock: Dispersed the water & Warmed it up & it's running fine again. - Has this happened to anyone else - is there anything to look for like water channels blocked?
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Re: My black gti progress thread

Post by Moosegirl »

Glad you got it sorted, my Lambda wiring was knackered not long ago aswell haha.

The storms last week was the worst weather i've ever seen!!!! Hope you get sorted. Sure you will though 8)

Polos are hard as nails so i'm sure it'll be fine :D
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Re: Wet Polo

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

funlovincriminal wrote:I had the car looked at last month & it was the lambda sensor, wiring was intact so got it replaced. All vag commed & is spot on.

The only hiccup was at weekend (a very wet weekend up Northeast)- Started the engine on Saturday morning & it was missfiring....... Looked under bonnet & it was canny damp under there, the sound deadening material on u/s of bonnet was really wet too. So water is getting in somewhere - it probably rained so hard it's been bouncing off the floor under the car or sideways through grills :shock: Dispersed the water & Warmed it up & it's running fine again. - Has this happened to anyone else - is there anything to look for like water channels blocked?
I had a similar problem on my old GTI when it snowed, It was when the whole UK had it bad about 2 years ago.
When the snow cleared (after 2 weeks) I started the car and it was only running on 3 cylinders’. Checked under the bonnet and it was just covered in moisture, I dried it all down and let the engine run warm and after 5-10 mins it started running fine again. Got it VAGCOM'd a few days later and there were no errors at all, it happened to me twice in 3 years but it was literally down to the snow and temperature.

Your problem sounds very similar so as you said it's probably due to water getting in somewhere
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member

Also I am missing the sump guard scuttle tray thing, that probably doesn't help with water getting in from underneath.
Aquavalver
Silver Member
Drives: 2013 Polo Blue GT

Post by Aquavalver »

Looks very nice! Quite like mine! :D What coilovers did you get? Are you pleased with the ride? What mileage is yours on now?
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member

Car is on 90,000 now, still drives like the day i got it. I just got jom coilovers. Cheap but i've had them a few years and havnt had any problems tbh.
Car is serviced new discs n pads and clean for once. i'll put some pics up try out my new phone cam its been a while since i've been on here
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member

Took the red trim off as its pretty faded. Liking it without for a change some pics i just took

menocal
Bronze Member

Post by menocal »

WOW!!!
Where you bought the air deflectors?
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member

They are heko wind deflectors, bought them in a group buy on club polo years ago
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Post by Moosegirl »

Looks class! I think the black ones look so much better without the red trim :D
Aquavalver
Silver Member
Drives: 2013 Polo Blue GT

Post by Aquavalver »

Moosegirl wrote:Looks class! I think the black ones look so much better without the red trim :D
I just put some red trim on mine today! I used the tape though-not the piping. Breaks all the black up what with the black front grills being the same colour where on the silver and red ones the bodywork is a different colour.
Trottagti
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Trottagti »

Alright bud, car is real clean. Iv got a clean engine bottom cover if you ever want one? Mind did it lots like misfiring but I was decated and running no tray....
Verity
Gold Member

Post by Verity »

Looking spot on ATM! Beautiful :D
Samuel434
Getting There!

Post by Samuel434 »

Your 16" wheels look great on the 6N2 GTi! Where did you get them from, mine need a refurb but I'm planning on changing them anyways.

Sam