New GTI Ordered!

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member
Drives: 6R GTI

My black gti 1 yearr later

Post by funlovincriminal »

Right, My last post was nearly a year ago now!

I've owned the car now for 6yrs (62k miles) & it still entertains me - It gets washed at least once a week, no expense spared on parts (i'm not listing all the parts it would take me a few days :cry: ), it gets serviced every 8k & had 2 timing belts in my ownership. Been very tempted for the New new polo gti, but still holding off for now.

We had a really bad Winter up in North East & had my winter set up on for about 9 months! I’ve got to say my winter wheels & Michelin Winter tyres were superb, there wasn’t many places the polo couldn’t get to.
The summer wheels would have gone on 2 months ago if it wasn't for my accident. 2 months ago some guy in a punto smashed into the back of me at a roundabout, the damage didn't look too bad at all tbh, bumper a bit cracked & boot wouldn't open (his punto was in pieces- German engineering eh!). Then out came the 'insurance assessor' who loved the car, looked at the damage didn't seem too concerned, then received the report saying it would cost £2700 to repair :? , so classed as a cat c write off. So i bought the car back & decided to get it mint again.

First to the bodyshop, a good local contact who is v£ry reasonable. - Bumper fixed, boot fixed, had some rust on DS wing & DS under door where i had a blocked drain hole & water had been standing, so got all them resprayed & got the car machine polished. Also got the headlights restored by him once and for all, they look brand new now.

Interior is still in quality condition, only the drivers side showing some slight wear.

One pic after bodyshop
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member

Re: My black gti progress thread

Next thing to do was clean up the engine bay & paint rocker cover.

funlovincriminal
Bronze Member

Next step was to my mates garage, sort out a few niggles & get it how i want it.

Lots spent :oops: but it's worth it.

Got some G60 caliper carriers so i can do the brake upgrade to 280mm discs, painted them red like my others

funlovincriminal
Bronze Member

Flip key upgrade - I waited so long to do this I decided to do my spare key at the same time.

funlovincriminal
Bronze Member

Had the brake upgrade done by my mates garage with the other stuff mentioned above. He even painted the rest of the calipers whilst he had them all apart - top guy. Really happy with the brakes now they've been completely serviced.

Then took the car home for a full wash/ wax/ detail & really happy with the finished article. I will update more tomorrow!

6n2stan
Silver Member
Drives: 6N2 GTI, Golf GTD + R32, T5.1 BiTDI DSG

Post by 6n2stan »

The car looks sweet mate, nice work! The G60 brakes look top too. Can you get the 15'' BBS wheels over those brakes or do you need the 16''?
Bradley
Gold Member

Post by Bradley »

Looks lovely dude,nice to see another one being well looked after and not horribly modified.
6n2stan wrote:The car looks sweet mate, nice work! The G60 brakes look top too. Can you get the 15'' BBS wheels over those brakes or do you need the 16''?

Stan they do clear the 15" BBS wheels no problem thats what I'm running,although other 15's may require spacers etc.

Sorry funlovin for the thread jack.
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member

It's ok it usually takes 6months for me to reply anyway lol.

Glad i took photos yesterday, brake dust from the new pads has covered every inch of split rim in 1days driving

Got to say performance wise the brake setup is amazing, nearly went through the windscreen earlier just tapping the brakes! Well worth doing imo :mrgreen:
6n2stan
Silver Member
Drives: 6N2 GTI, Golf GTD + R32, T5.1 BiTDI DSG

Post by 6n2stan »

Nice one FLC glad your getting better braking!

Cheers Bradley, I'd forgot you were on 15's still! Lol
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Most 6n2 15s will fit no problem

Ive ran the Colour Concept wheels, the 100BHP wheels, and the GTI wheels all with G60 brakes.
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member

:grin:
joe2612
Gold Member

Post by joe2612 »

Looks lovely mate, new discs do complement shiny wheels thats for sure.
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member

Re: I'm leaving you.....New GTI Ordered!

I can't believe I've done it! Just ordered myself a brand new gti from VW....To be delivered in 12 weeks fingers crossed.

3dr, Shadow blue with these extras:

Bi-Xenon headlights with LED day running lights
Climatronic air conditioning
Convenience Pack
Multi-function steering wheel including paddle shift
RCD 510 touch screen radio/dash mounted 6 cd/mp3 auto-changer + 6 speakers + aux-in
Winter pack with heated seats

It's gonna be emotional when I get rid of the 6n2 gti.... If anyone wants a bargain give me a shout!
TRiBaL
Bronze Member
Drives: 1.4 16V 6n2

Post by TRiBaL »

Get some bottles of oil along with your new polo, you will certainly need them :P
Kidding!
Wish you have fun with your new toy mate!
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member

I've been wanting one for ages & been waiting for them to sort out the issues with the engine, So supposedly they've sorted it out on the CTHE engine & hopefully the new engine is ok for oil consumption :o

I really don't want to get rid of my gti, if only I had garage space to keep it forever. I haven't even thought about putting it up for sale yet I just can't do it!