New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by monkeyhanger »

Hi Peter,

Here's a pic of the WLTP compliant Golf GTI engine without MPI,

and with:-

The differences are pretty subtle if you aren't studying the engine. A pic of yours tomorrow (or when you can) would confirm either way.
Chris001
New
Drives: GTi+ 2019

Post by Chris001 »

GTi & GTi+ back on UK VW Configurator.......
MattHGR
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI+

Post by MattHGR »

Chris001 wrote:GTi & GTi+ back on UK VW Configurator.......
Noticed that too.
I made a reply in another thread, but I'll put it here too in case anyone can answer.

Noticed the following as standard equipment for GTi plus models - Scuff plates in door apertures (illuminated)
Wasn't there before was it?

Does this mean vehicles built from now onwards will have this, regardless of whether it was standard equipment when you made the order ?
peter007
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 2018

Post by peter007 »

monkeyhanger wrote:Hi Peter,

Here's a picture of my pre-WLTP, with the port valve (indirect) injection components highlighted. If you don't have these then WLTP compliant GTI engines don't have the MPI. Would be good, to see the comparison.

This is mine WLTP engine.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk
Chris001
New
Drives: GTi+ 2019

Post by Chris001 »

MattHGR wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:52 pm
Noticed that too.
I made a reply in another thread, but I'll put it here too in case anyone can answer.

Noticed the following as standard equipment for GTi plus models - Scuff plates in door apertures (illuminated)

Does this mean vehicles built from now onwards will have this, regardless of whether it was standard equipment when you made the order ?
We obviously had the same idea, just been sifting through original docs I saved and trying to compare differences.

I notice if you go via compare models and look at the spec its still lists "Door sill protectors with 'GTI' logo" would you assume these are the same as the Scuff plates? The fact it suggests they may be illuminate may be like the Golf R & GTi where they also have blue or red strips that light up within the still?

I see as others mentioned the Beats pack is now a option (not sure I would have picked this given the option at the time anyway) - I wish the climate windscreen had been a option as they do on the Golf.
MattHGR
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI+

Post by MattHGR »

Chris001 wrote:
MattHGR wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:52 pm
Noticed that too.

We obviously had the same idea, just been sifting through original docs I saved and trying to compare differences.

I notice if you go via compare models and look at the spec its still lists "Door sill protectors with 'GTI' logo" would you assume these are the same as the Scuff plates? The fact it suggests they may be illuminate may be like the Golf R & GTi where they also have blue or red strips that light up within the still?

I see as others mentioned the Beats pack is now a option (not sure I would have picked this given the option at the time anyway) - I wish the climate windscreen had been a option as they do on the Golf.
Yes, I'd say the sill protectors and scuff plates are the same.
Would be very cool if they did look like the golf GTi and R !

The beats audio had mixed reviews so I'm fine not having it, but climate windscreen would have been nice!
I currently have heated windscreen and will be sad to lose it when I change [emoji853]
gnome
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI Plus

Post by gnome »

Price lists have also been updated to say its been WLTP approved - we knew this already but still :wink:
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

peter007 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:58 pm

Here's a picture of my pre-WLTP, with the port valve (indirect) injection components highlighted. If you don't have these then WLTP compliant GTI engines don't have the MPI. Would be good, to see the comparison.

Even WLTP Polo have dual injection ;) don't worry guys I was saying that back in december :D even etka show everithing on same place on new DKZC engine :)
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Dark_cze wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:32 pm
peter007 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:58 pm

Even WLTP Polo have dual injection ;) don't worry guys I was saying that back in december :D even etka show everithing on same place on new DKZC engine :)
I'd agree - all the hardware I pointed out is still there in Peter's picture. I wonder why it has changed for GPF equipped Golf GTI and R engines and not ours?

A bit of a relief for me, with the other GTI+ coming.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

gnome wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:13 pm Price lists have also been updated to say its been WLTP approved - we knew this already but still :wink:
Have the prices gone up?

Still no manual box...What are VWUK playing at? It's clearly available from VW GmbH, nearly every other country has it as an option now.

When you look around at the other sites, there are some odd differences - red and white are free colours on the German site, we pay for white here (must cost £280 more to get a white car from SA to the UK than from SA to Germany :lol: ). They still have warranty extensions available too. VWUK must have opted out of making these available. Art Velours seats are 2/3 of the UK option price. The odd option is dearer in Germany bust most are significantly cheaper.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

We've always been seen as a money tree for the manufacturers.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Prices of the cars seem to have gone up modestly, most of the options haven't, in fact the active info display is 2/3 of the price it was. This will be standard spec in the not too distant future - these screens have got to be cheaper than the physical dials to produce now.

Interesting situation with paint prices. You have to have at least one free colour per model/trim, otherwise the base price isn't base price. The limited palette of the GTI has flash red as the free colour, but for the rest of the Polos it is a paid for option and Urano grey is free.

It's hard to justify that price - how does flash red cost nearly £300 vs free on a different trim level of the same car?

On the Golf, white is free and Tornado Red is chargeable. I'm surprised the consumer arm of the EU hasn't looked into it. White paint is up from £280 to £340.
Cadwest
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Cadwest »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:40 pm Prices of the cars seem to have gone up modestly, most of the options haven't, in fact the active info display is 2/3 of the price it was. This will be standard spec in the not too distant future - these screens have got to be cheaper than the physical dials to produce now.

Interesting situation with paint prices. You have to have at least one free colour per model/trim, otherwise the base price isn't base price. The limited palette of the GTI has flash red as the free colour, but for the rest of the Polos it is a paid for option and Urano grey is free.

It's hard to justify that price - how does flash red cost nearly £300 vs free on a different trim level of the same car?

On the Golf, white is free and Tornado Red is chargeable. I'm surprised the consumer arm of the EU hasn't looked into it. White paint is up from £280 to £340.
I prefer the approach Seat now take with no extra charge for paint, you just pick whatever colour you want.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Metallic paint costs over solid paint are negligible - a tiny bit of powdered aluminium or mica costs nowt per car about 80p per van was the cost when I worked at the Southampton transit van plant 20 years ago - allowing for inflation it should still be under £2 a car. Solid paints now get a new clear coat, so the clear coat justification for Metallics is gone.

All solid colours should cost the same, with metallics maybe £30 more. VW gives free metallic paint in the USA and used to in Spain (maybe still do).
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

Cadwest wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:53 pm I prefer the approach Seat now take with no extra charge for paint, you just pick whatever colour you want.
Quite. Maybe this is so many grey-coloured new cars are seen. Some prices for extra kit have increased; on a Golf, ok not a Polo but VW prob fit the same bits, e.g. 3 years ago Park Assist was £150ish, now it's a cool £600, pricey but still worth having IMO, the info screen 'tween the clocks colour upgrade has increased by about £25 (though it don't look a lot different), some extras like electric folding mirrors inc puddle lights cost about the same; also worth having IMO. Can't be bothered digging out printed brochures (remember them?) to check exact figures but some stuff has increased by quite a bit, depends on what ya wants and how much it's worth it to ya....