18 plate polo with no problems to date!

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

18 plate polo with no problems to date!

Post by mike sel »

Hi all

Just thought I would ask if anyone on here has had an 18 plate Polo with no major problems? It just seems a little depressing that every post is negative and yet I understand 163,000 new polos were registered this year.

I for one have a polo that is only 10 weeks and 2500 miles old apart from some wiper judder (that has cleared up by itself now) and a self inflicted rear camera being stuck issue (i tried to open the boot while the VW flap was still up deploying the camera). I have had no issues, the car drives well the tech is brilliant and so far reliable. I have seen no evidence of any issues thus far. I don't know if im lucky or if people only post when they have problems. but there are so may posts with problems that I thought I would give those who have ordered and are waiting patiently some hope their car might just work fine.

I have an SEL 115 DSG with Digi dash, ACC, rear camera, keyless, heated seats, rear crash prep, folding heated mirrors, blind spot warning, driver mode, Park assist. SEL comes with auto wipers and headlights, lighting pack, sat nav, climate control, 4 break disks, all round parking sensors, as well as other things.

The point is it may not be a GTI but I have a pretty high tech car and everything works normally. :D....so far!
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: 18 plate polo with no problems to date!

Post by iichel »

well, I think the things you're reading here are maybe slightly biased, since people are more prone to complain than to praise a product (when working as expected). I'm pretty sure there are plenty of happy users but that's usually not the kind people that write on a forum, at least not from their own initiative.

Has something to do with human nature ;)
DuncanM
New
Drives: Toyota C-HR to Polo SEL 115

Post by DuncanM »

With all those options why didn't you go for Adaptive cruise control ? It is the one thing now that I wouldn't be without. Once you drive a car with it you realise how amazing it is.
DuncanM
New
Drives: Toyota C-HR to Polo SEL 115

Post by DuncanM »

DuncanM wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:48 pm With all those options why didn't you go for Adaptive cruise control ? It is the one thing now that I wouldn't be without. Once you drive a car with it you realise how amazing it is.
Opps I perhaps misread ACC as automatic climate control ?
Robint
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 polo GTI

Post by Robint »

I’ve got to say Polo GTI + with 700 miles on the clock love it too bits DSG is great good fun nice acceleration it’s brilliant but as was said juddering wipers. Stupid things spoil the experience ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
phileep
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Beats 2018

Post by phileep »

18 days old, 500 miles Polo Beats 95 TSI.

No issue at all.

I had seen a lot of issues people had experienced after picking theirs up which had me concerned but so far so good!
mike sel
Silver Member

Post by mike sel »

DuncanM wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:50 pm
DuncanM wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:48 pm With all those options why didn't you go for Adaptive cruise control ? It is the one thing now that I wouldn't be without. Once you drive a car with it you realise how amazing it is.
Opps I perhaps misread ACC as automatic climate control ?
Yea I have ACC (adaptive cruise control). I have used it a few times and it is good. I like that with the DSG and ACC set the car will slow to a stop and restart and speed up without me touching the pedals. I have been using ECO mode with Aircon off. and auto stop off. I got 69.4 MPG on a 55 mile trip. It was all motorway at 47MPH average speed. I will use ACC again soon, I am on a 250 mile run Saturday in the Polo! ACC will help me survive that.
mike sel
Silver Member

Post by mike sel »

phileep wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:27 pm 18 days old, 500 miles Polo Beats 95 TSI.

No issue at all.

I had seen a lot of issues people had experienced after picking theirs up which had me concerned but so far so good!
What is the sound system like? it was not available on the SEL to order.
mike sel
Silver Member

Post by mike sel »

Robint wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:53 pm I’ve got to say Polo GTI + with 700 miles on the clock love it too bits DSG is great good fun nice acceleration it’s brilliant but as was said juddering wipers. Stupid things spoil the experience ?

I bet the GTI is quick, TBH I think the 115 in sport mode is quick, the GTI must feel like its a rocket.
Robint
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 polo GTI

Post by Robint »

GTI Is great used to have Peugeot 208 GTI made a bed decision and swapped for 150 BHP Audi A1 but this is so much better to drive love it

Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Post by Leif »

iichel wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:23 pm well, I think the things you're reading here are maybe slightly biased, since people are more prone to complain than to praise a product (when working as expected). I'm pretty sure there are plenty of happy users but that's usually not the kind people that write on a forum, at least not from their own initiative.

Has something to do with human nature ;)
Eh? I joined the forum as a happy owner. I've had to take mine in to the garage three times in about 3 months. Wiper failure in torrential rain. A few minutes earlier I was on the M3, and a failure then would have been a certain crash due to zero visibility. I've had the key refuse to let me in, and I had to walk home for the spare. I've had the radio refuse to turn off several times. I've had the dashcam rebooting every few seconds. I've had CarPlay crashing every five minutes.

However, swapping the dashcam and iPhone USB connectors seems to have cured those problems (duff data connections on one port?). Anyway, it would be interesting to know how common problems are, and how reliable it is compared to others. Do I regret the purchase? Not yet, it's so nice to drive I can't dislike it. If I get no more big issues, fine. And what are the alternatives? The Fiesta is realistically the only one for me, but I won't touch Ford.
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

I'm sorry to hear about your problems. To be honest, I haven't read up with the AW forum so I wasn't aware of your issues.
I hope you'll be able to get it all sorted on a brand new car.
david.stark
Bronze Member
Drives: SE

Post by david.stark »

Other than going in for wipers today, my car has been fine (touch wood).

Only had it for a couple of weeks so it’s early days but I really like the car. I didn’t have to order one from the factory because I wanted SE which has everything I need and the dealer had stock.

If I’d gone manual and saved money, I could probably have purchased an SEL with the money I’d saved but I didn’t want one. I just wanted the DSG this time due to my circumstances and it suits me just fine. Lovely gearbox.
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I feel that VW has given Polo a really hard time, it started life as a tough value for money little car and by the end of the 6N days had taken on a bit of SEAT Ibiza quality or so, which is a reduction from original Polo build quality, then at the start of the 9N versions it was no more than a Skoda Fabia with a smarter set of clothes, all the running gear being Fabia and built in CZ factories supplying Skoda, from my experience that was the worse possible move as all metals used were of an inferior quality, this I discovered when I needed to take a 5 year old Polo to bits, shocked is a polite way to put it. Even now there are quite a lot of CZ manufactured parts used in the running gear and that will always in my mind taint Polo as it remains a Skoda in smarter clothes, not good, remember these engines are all build by a Skoda factory in CZ, stay lucky.
When I first bought a VW I was deliberately buying a car from a good car manufacturer - that car was a 2000 Passat 4Motion, but I quickly discovered that that car was good only because it was maybe 75% tried and tested Audi A4/A6 older model cast offs. Then in 2002 I bought my wife a 2002 Polo 9N 1.4 16V SE, its only initial problem was that it should never have been sold with that horrible engine in it as a new model in 2002, but I have to share that error as it was me that spec'd that car up, then once it got to 4 or 5 years old, I became aware that it was just a Skoda Fabia in drag and becoming a nasty wallet snatching little car at that. So now I've trusted that VW have upped their game with the 2015 6C Polo, it does seem okay at 3 years and 23K miles - but so did the 2002 Polo, I hope it stays that way for much longer!
phileep
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Beats 2018

Post by phileep »

mike sel wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:34 pm
phileep wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:27 pm 18 days old, 500 miles Polo Beats 95 TSI.

No issue at all.

What is the sound system like? it was not available on the SEL to order.
Hey Mike

Yea personally think its ace for a factory fitted option.

In a previous Polo i had an aftermarket system installed, so obviously up to that, you can't compete. But it's defiantly worth it in my opinion.

Defiantly a step up from my Polo Blue GT's standard factory fitted speakers too.