Help! Rear wheel humming noise. Polo GTi

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Re: Help! Rear wheel humming noise. Polo GTi

Post by MilgeS »

All done, I'll give it a week of usage before I will actually believe it's finally fixed!
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Fingers crossed mate!

Week on and I've had no issues. Great feeling nobody is turning around thinking what's that noise when I reverse now. :lol:
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

3 years, 48000km and still all brakes from factory ... noises stopped like 5000-10000 km ago. No idea why :D ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
TheRacingRat
Getting There!
Drives: 2020 Polo GTI+

Post by TheRacingRat »

Just a heads up guys, VW are pretty much on the ball fixing this issue now. My 2020 GTI went in with the noise Monday, they had already ordered the parts, was fixed Tuesday. The technician laughed when I mentioned that the parts needed maybe a weight and 2 bolts per wheel, they also updated the infotainment system as it kept resetting the clock and trip computer, thankfully now my POLO is problem free. 7000 miles now and still no GPF regen, although it does a 200 miles round trip each month and I only use super unleaded(was using V power now using Momentum).
PO10ASH
Getting There!
Drives: POLO GTI+

Post by PO10ASH »

After collecting my car in 2020, I've finally booked it in for fixing this issue (along with a service). Did anyone have the fight to get this under warranty or was it fairly straight forward, they've warned me of the diagnostic cost if they aren't able to fix it under warranty.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Re the brake noise.
Very straight forward. Done under warranty. Think I was one of the first to alert my dealership to possible issue. Recorded sound for them. They then began to read of the issue elsewhere etc. Mine was sorted pretty much as soon as the fix was available.