Help! Rear wheel humming noise. Polo GTi

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
rm55mcc
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4

Re: Help! Rear wheel humming noise. Polo GTi

Post by rm55mcc »

Got my discs done last week and no sound back as off yet.
Fingers crossed stays like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Mine were too at the beginning of the fix. Now they sound like herding cows.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

deanjesper
New
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by deanjesper »

I got my car back today and they grinded down the pads and cleaned them. No noise yet but let’s see what happens tomorrow! I’ve emailed VWFS to say that I want to formally reject the car and I’m happy to go through their process if it means I can get it fixed or rid of it. The noise really isn’t something I can put up with, it’s so loud that you can hear it outside. Not what you expect on a brand new car :evil:

Here’s my recording: https://youtu.be/tVw5N4Rjr7E
deanjesper
New
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by deanjesper »

Sorry for the double post but thought I’d update on my situation... the mooing noise is back after the dealership ground down my brake pads and “gave them a clean”. I phoned the dealership that I bought my car from and they said they could see on the system that there is a “PPI code” which is an internal code that VW put out across the world if there’s an issue with a batch of vehicles apparently. They said that the pads and discs need replacing in the first instance. Why my local dealership hasn’t even checked the system I have no idea!

I’m progressing with rejecting the vehicle as it’s clear that VW have no idea and it won’t be fixed anytime soon...
VWPOL0GTL
New
Drives: GTI

Post by VWPOL0GTL »

deanjesper wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:22 am Sorry for the double post but thought I’d update on my situation... the mooing noise is back after the dealership ground down my brake pads and “gave them a clean”. I phoned the dealership that I bought my car from and they said they could see on the system that there is a “PPI code” which is an internal code that VW put out across the world if there’s an issue with a batch of vehicles apparently. They said that the pads and discs need replacing in the first instance. Why my local dealership hasn’t even checked the system I have no idea!

I’m progressing with rejecting the vehicle as it’s clear that VW have no idea and it won’t be fixed anytime soon...
I hope that PPI code is actually global. I got refused by VW to have my rear brakes changed by VW’s customer care team, and by the dealership when the dealership said the head office refuses to approve this under warranty (keep in mind this is a MY19 Polo, had the issue when car was first bought and first escalated to then when I hit 5000km at the first service (Was told this could be brakes breaking in), it only has 6500km’s now, so definirtrly not wear and tear. I am at the second level of escalation (last one before I have to contact consumer rights). Fingers crossed this PPI comes through.
VWPOL0GTL
New
Drives: GTI

Post by VWPOL0GTL »

Sorry for the double post, but does anyone have any updates? VW hasn’t replied to me in over a month (slipped my mind to chase them up because of work), but going to start chasing them up again to get a resolution.
rm55mcc
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4

Post by rm55mcc »

Had mine back dish’s done few months ago and no problem since I’ve had them done great job [emoji1360]

Vonbek2004
Bronze Member
Drives: R Line Polo

Post by Vonbek2004 »

VWPOL0GTL wrote:Sorry for the double post, but does anyone have any updates? VW hasn’t replied to me in over a month (slipped my mind to chase them up because of work), but going to start chasing them up again to get a resolution.
Tbh I think complaints etc have all been put back because of Covid. I raised a rejection complaint I early Feb and still waiting for an update from VWFS.

It might be different to your scenario but I think VWs priorities may have shifted.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

VWPOL0GTL wrote:Sorry for the double post, but does anyone have any updates? VW hasn’t replied to me in over a month (slipped my mind to chase them up because of work), but going to start chasing them up again to get a resolution.
My dealership contacts VW on a fairly regular basis about this and as of yet there is no definitive fix for this problem.
I previously had the new discs/pads and software update. It was fine for awhile but then intermittently started mooing again.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

If, as is being reported, the GTI / GTI+ is being phased out in some (European and UK) markets, if the mooing rear brakes only affects the GTI / GTI+ then it probably reduces the chances of a permanent fix being developed to cure this issue;

https://www.uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php? ... 87#p570187
Blackpug
New
Drives: Car

Post by Blackpug »

I noticed that it had been removed from Configurator

monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

The ABS controller software update "fix" was applied to the wife's 2019 GTI+ last week and it was pretty ineffective.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:14 am The ABS controller software update "fix" was applied to the wife's 2019 GTI+ last week and it was pretty ineffective.
Yup, same here although mine was done a few months back.
The brakes still moo but found if sometimes the brakes are pressed mid moo it tends to go away for a bit.
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

OomStu_ZA wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:55 am
monkeyhanger wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:14 am The ABS controller software update "fix" was applied to the wife's 2019 GTI+ last week and it was pretty ineffective.
Yup, same here although mine was done a few months back.
The brakes still moo but found if sometimes the brakes are pressed mid moo it tends to go away for a bit.
I like the new technical term for when you apply the brakes while reversing in a GTI / GTI+ with the brake resonance issue; ‘mid moo’ 😂.
Hixxi3106
New
Drives: Polo gti+

Post by Hixxi3106 »

Took my polo gti+ today for mooing :lol: Stourbridge vw said needed all day when inspected which took 5 mins ie visual check. All said was we’ll get in touch next 2 weeks. Said have to wait for reply from vw. Original job sheet said change discs but didn’t. Soooo watch this space until then keep on mooooing.