Retrofit folding mirrors problems

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
blackscell
New
Drives: 2018 AW

Retrofit folding mirrors problems

Post by blackscell »

Hi guys!

I have bought an original GTI folding mirror set for my Polo. After I fitted these in and coded them, they work fine! Great, however, the voicecontrol/navigation voice only comes through one speaker. This has happened since the retrofit, radio works normal through all speakers. I changed my left module with the old one, and the sound is still the same.

The coding shows canbus and 5f error. Cannot activate the new module of the mirrors. VW also can't remove the component protection.

My car is not a GTI, could this be the problem? What would be the best way to solve this problem?
R15KXK
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Beats 1.0 tsi 95

Re: Retrofit folding mirrors problems

Post by R15KXK »

Where did you get the folding mirror from?
blackscell
New

Post by blackscell »

I got it from Otosan. It was a complete original set with module, motors etc.
R15KXK
Getting There!

Post by R15KXK »

blackscell wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:47 pm I got it from Otosan. It was a complete original set with module, motors etc.
Do you have a link for the part please?
blackscell
New

Post by blackscell »

It's from the Netherlands
blackscell
New

Post by blackscell »

Even though this forum was not as helpful as expected, I managed to fix it. Retrofit folding mirrors is a success. Due to my Polo being a Beats model, it probably had some issues with the folding mirrors. Managed to change 2 pins, everything works now as expected. Dips when going into reverse and folds in when closing. Folds out when starting!
Simonz
Bronze Member
Drives: 2023 Life TSI

Post by Simonz »

blackscell wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:38 pm Even though this forum was not as helpful as expected, I managed to fix it. Retrofit folding mirrors is a success. Due to my Polo being a Beats model, it probably had some issues with the folding mirrors. Managed to change 2 pins, everything works now as expected. Dips when going into reverse and folds in when closing. Folds out when starting!
That sounds very cool! 8)
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

There aren't a lot of people here that do retrofits, mainly because the retrofit price is generally prohibitive next to the optioned price and you've usually got coding on top of the physical fit.

People can only be helpful in giving advice if they've got the experience. If you're the first person to do something, that'd not really on the forum members that they couldn't offer any guidance.
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

Long time no post (log-in issues) but such retro-fitting of extras is considerered by many to be a major faff, border-line too much hassle, but kudos to the OP for successfully doing it in this case....
blackscell
New

Post by blackscell »

It's actually very easy. It's plug and play for the most part. Got it coded for free. Wasn't much of a hassle. Just the issue of it being a Beats model, no-one knew how to fix it. It's quite an easy fix, takes a minute or 2.

If anyone is interested, I can get them shipped to London, but there isn't much stock.

Hit me up if anyone is interested
R15KXK
Getting There!

Post by R15KXK »

blackscell wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:04 am It's actually very easy. It's plug and play for the most part. Got it coded for free. Wasn't much of a hassle. Just the issue of it being a Beats model, no-one knew how to fix it. It's quite an easy fix, takes a minute or 2.

If anyone is interested, I can get them shipped to London, but there isn't much stock.

Hit me up if anyone is interested
How much would you charge? and where about's in London are you based
blackscell
New

Post by blackscell »

I'm not based in London, I'm from the Netherlands. But it seems like it's almost impossible to get these mirrors in London, so I could help a few people out.

I can get them for 600 pounds with shipping including original cables, modules, motors and everything. You can put your own caps on the mirrors to match the car colors. Only thing that has to happen is code (free for me but they charge around 20 pounds in the Netherlands). But then again, I don't know the prices in London so they could be cheaper there.
Polo aw1 2G blu reef
New
Drives: Polo aw1 (2G)

Post by Polo aw1 2G blu reef »

hello can you give me the coding of the electric mirrors? :?: Thanks