PCP Contracts, Discounts and Salesmen [HELP]

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
LittleP14
New
Drives: Match

Re: PCP Contracts, Discounts and Salesmen [HELP]

Post by LittleP14 »

Yes I did read the original post and felt so bad for the lad! It just goes to show how carried away you can get when buying a new car with the added extras!

I was pleased to read on that he eventually got it sorted and ended up with a better car for a lower price!

As for the mileage.... it will probably take me nearly a year to break the 3,000 barrier..... this car will literally be used for around town and to the shops and back. We use the Tiguan for longer journeys for its comfort.

I will keep an eye on the oil situation though!

Due to collect next Saturday once my wretched isolation is over!
Simonz
Bronze Member
Drives: 2023 Life TSI

Post by Simonz »

SRGTD wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:07 am
Simonz wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:34 am Old thread revival! Ah Mr Tom Oates - he was all over here like a rash last August with some very helpful advice provided by veteran members re PCP and GTI deals. Wonder where he is now? The young ones never stay long.
Yes, he was very active on the forum up to the point that he took delivery of his car. It’s a shame those forum members with lots of initial enthusiasm don’t hang around and continue to share their ownership experiences with other forum members.
Yes it's good to get feedback if only to find out if it worked out as planned. It's interesting to see how the forum develops as the Mk10 Polo gets older, I suspect lots more modification queries and possibly repairs as it ages and replaced by the MK11 - which could be electric who knows? Rather nostalgic to look back at early posts on the release and initial road tests. I used to own one of the last shape Puntos, an active forum which eventually descended into modification and now you hardly see any examples left on the road (rust I suppose and MOT failure). Polos seem far more durable in comparison.
Simonz
Bronze Member
Drives: 2023 Life TSI

Post by Simonz »

LittleP14 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:09 pm Yes I did read the original post and felt so bad for the lad! It just goes to show how carried away you can get when buying a new car with the added extras!

I was pleased to read on that he eventually got it sorted and ended up with a better car for a lower price!

As for the mileage.... it will probably take me nearly a year to break the 3,000 barrier..... this car will literally be used for around town and to the shops and back. We use the Tiguan for longer journeys for its comfort.

I will keep an eye on the oil situation though!

Due to collect next Saturday once my wretched isolation is over!
Good luck, with such low mileage it should last a long time if looked after. I think they just use a bit of oil in running in, I checked mine and added half a litre around the 1,000 mark and it's not moved since. The MPG can be a bit poor until it's run in properly and loosened up.
LittleP14
New
Drives: Match

Post by LittleP14 »

Cheers!

Yes I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on that oil - also paid £269 for 2 years servicing. That seems steep! I only paid £149 for the Tiguan 2 year service plan last March!
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

I was £149 for a two year service plan on my 95TSi and my Gti.
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

LittleP14 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:17 pm Cheers!

Yes I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on that oil - also paid £269 for 2 years servicing. That seems steep! I only paid £149 for the Tiguan 2 year service plan last March!
Andy Beats wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:16 pm I was £149 for a two year service plan on my 95TSi and my Gti.
VW have recently increased the price of the two year service plan when bought at point of sale. It was £199 when I ordered my car last February. The increased cost of £269 does still represent a saving over what you’d pay if you bought a service plan after you’d taken delivery of the car (£386.16) or if you didn’t have a service plan; VW’s published prices for a minor and major service are £184 and £354 respectively (total £538).
Andy Beats
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

£354 to service a Polo.....I ask you....
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Andy Beats wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:44 pm £354 to service a Polo.....I ask you....
It makes £269 for two services sound quite reasonable, or the old service plan cost of £199 even more reasonable. 🙂
Boxerboy
Bronze Member
Drives: Her Polo R. Or my car.

Post by Boxerboy »

VW are ripping us off for servicing. It’s atrocious.

So I got the first year oil change done a few yards from home with me providing the oil and the VW filter.

1/2 an hour off”time” was all that was needed.

VW dealers clearly look for ways to pay for their glossy showrooms. And free coffee in the cold days.

But we live in a harder world - and won’t accept that level of “service” much longer.