Rear brake noise on reverse

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Re: Rear brake noise on reverse

Post by S_94 »

Seems like the UK is last on the list to receive the parts. :roll:
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Post by MilgeS »

Mine is meant to be done tomorrow, was meant to be done 2 weeks ago at service/MOT but they only ordered the dampers and forgot to order the bolts!
BigChrisG
New
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by BigChrisG »

Yes I don’t know why I bother with it but it is the principle of the thing ;) Stealer still making excuses saying something about VW Germany technical team. I sent him those part numbers he can’t find them lol.
MilgeS
Silver Member

Post by MilgeS »

BigChrisG wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:05 pm Yes I don’t know why I bother with it but it is the principle of the thing ;) Stealer still making excuses saying something about VW Germany technical team. I sent him those part numbers he can’t find them lol.
Mine went in today and guess what, no bolts! Why on earth they didn't check they had the bolts in before they collected my car I'll never know, so that's twice now it's been in to be done and the parts aren't there!
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

MilgeS wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:10 pm
BigChrisG wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:05 pm Yes I don’t know why I bother with it but it is the principle of the thing ;) Stealer still making excuses saying something about VW Germany technical team. I sent him those part numbers he can’t find them lol.
Mine went in today and guess what, no bolts! Why on earth they didn't check they had the bolts in before they collected my car I'll never know, so that's twice now it's been in to be done and the parts aren't there!
VW are a joke.
MilgeS
Silver Member

Post by MilgeS »

S_94 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:07 pm
VW are a joke.
They have really let standards drop the last few years, I always held them in such high regard but the 3 years I have owned my Polo's I've read nothing but people comment about how they have slipped/other manufacturers have caught up. I know forums are usually mainly the select few with complaints but 3 years (and counting) to issue these bolts/dampers which they have had to do on other models in the past, total joke.
BigChrisG
New
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by BigChrisG »

That’s annoyingly bad service!
SuperNaz1980
New
Drives: GTI Plus

Post by SuperNaz1980 »

Hi All,

It seems all are aware but the issue with the noise when reversing was resonance from the brakes due to not enough fixing bolts. Bolts now fitted. Have had my car for 3 weeks now and no sign of this awful noise.

Hope this helps.

Naz
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

Is it literally bolts for holes that are already there?
Run of the mill bolts that could be bought from a hardware merchant and cut to length?
Or even if they have a VW part number, order yourself and fit yourself?
Shoving some bolts in seems easy DIY, unless I'm over simplifying the process.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I don't think that someone fully understands this issue at all, or believes all he/she is told by these wonderful service reception people!
The_Patrix
New
Drives: GTI AW

Post by The_Patrix »

Hi
Went to my local dealer today for yearly check. Told them of the noise and asked if they are aware of the VW solution. Guy looked at me like I was from the moon. Anyway he tried to make a search on parts numbers I provided, but they must have been wrong. In this thread I've seen three slightly different ones. Anyhow, found a similar thread on FB and there the solution and parts numbers are as following in photo. In the meantime they cleaned the brakes as their solution. Not sure how long it might last.
Attachments
Screenshot_20211124-173858_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20211124-173858_Facebook.jpg (547.77 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
Screenshot_20211124-173916_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20211124-173916_Facebook.jpg (445.99 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
dgear1984
New

Post by dgear1984 »

Hi, does anyone have a copy of the actual bulletin from vw about the caliper weights and software update. Thanks