High Flow Cat

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Stuart_Rendall
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

High Flow Cat

Post by Stuart_Rendall »

Currently in pursuit of even more sound from my GTI, I recently had an opf/gpf back Milltek system fitted to my car and I am very happy with the results but with an opf/gpf the car is still very much muted. I am looking at getting an opf/gpf delete and a high flow cat fitted to get more dsg farts as well as pops and bangs from my car. Has anyone had a similar mod fitted to their car?

And I am aware it is slightly yobbo and distasteful for some and of the work that needs to be done e.g. opf/gpf error codes and ecu remap etc.
Iamnotbarry
New
Drives: GTi+ (aw)

Re: High Flow Cat

Post by Iamnotbarry »

Hello,
I'm yet to modify my Gti, but have been looking at exhaust systems, which milltek exhaust did you chose? And how loud is it?
I'm after one that has a subtle rumble to it and the odd pop.
Stuart_Rendall
Bronze Member

Post by Stuart_Rendall »

Iamnotbarry wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:36 pm Hello,
I'm yet to modify my Gti, but have been looking at exhaust systems, which milltek exhaust did you chose? And how loud is it?
I'm after one that has a subtle rumble to it and the odd pop.
Hi, I got the Polo GTI 2.0 GPF/OPF back Milltek Exhaust (SSXVW501). Had it on the car for a about 2 months now and the car burbbles more now withe the occasional pop. It can be hard to hear inside the cabin as it isn't too intrusive but i'vs been told by my girlfriend it is load every time she goes to get something out of the boot and I blip the throttle :D
phillos
Bronze Member
Drives: '19 Polo (AW)

Post by phillos »

So is the £50 res-delete I did on mine.

Best bang for your buck.

Doing the cat alone will do nothing, so long as the GPF is further down the exhaust flow.
Stuart_Rendall
Bronze Member

Post by Stuart_Rendall »

phillos wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:51 pm So is the £50 res-delete I did on mine.

Best bang for your buck.

Doing the cat alone will do nothing, so long as the GPF is further down the exhaust flow.
If you get a high flow cat then I should hope you'd do a gpf delete or you'll inevitably destroy the gpf eventually. And a res delete is good bang for your buck but it will never sound as good as a gpf delete either way. All depends on what you want noise wise and what you're prepared to pay. I've already had the milltek gpf back system without a res and it does sound good but I want to hear more so at the moment i'm thinking of going down the high flow cat and gpf delete route.