Polo GTI Issues(AW)

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
ShamzGTI
New
Drives: AW GTI

Re: Polo GTI Issues(AW)

Post by ShamzGTI »

Iamnotbarry wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:27 amMine does it on re-fuel. I assume they meant to do this. I suppose it resets data to track after every fill up. Strange you mention this as my kia doesn't reset the time.
ShamzGTI wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:09 am I havent had my fuel consumption reset on me randomly. Jutmst the usual reset when u fill up. If possible to get that recorded maybe with a dashcam or something might help. I know with the PDC issue VW didnt seem like they believed me until I recorded it.
When you fill up does the trip counter reset?
I have an issue where the trip resets to zero and the date/time goes to 00:00 and a random date.
However I've not noticed when it does this. Will check next time I fill the tank up.
hlawue
New
Drives: 1.0 TSI Highline DSG

Post by hlawue »

Did anyone ever have this issue fixed?

It's very annoying
Alan_p71
New
Drives: 2019 Gti+

Post by Alan_p71 »

My polo gti+ has done this since I have had it ( nearly 2 years). The clock resets to 00:00, all the fuel consumption data deletes. Dealer supposedly updated the infotainment software but it still happens. I just put up with it now. It’s the only issue my car has.
I suspect it is temperature related as it hardly happens over summer but with the temps going down recently it happened twice last week. Living in the North East of Scotland it is cold now until April 😀, so it will most likely reset a lot now.