Folding mirrors problems

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
blackscell
New
Drives: 2018 AW

Folding mirrors problems

Post by blackscell »

Hi there guys,

I have folding mirrors on my Polo AW. Lately the mirror dip was not working well, the VCDS showed it was the window regulator. I bought a new one, this one did the opposite to my old folding mirror. (Folding open when doors are locked instead of folding in). It appeared that the motor was another part number.

I ordered the same motor, now nothing happens. Both mirrors neither fold nor unfold, even when I use the folding key manually. Read out with VCDS now shows a motor problem on the left side. This was fine before, didn't open it nor touch it. Happened right after replacing the folding mirror motor to a new one.

Anyone has a clue?
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Folding mirrors problems

Post by iichel »

you probably need to code the window regulator motor
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

^^ Unless its 3 years old (possible for the very first AW Polos), why not get the dealership to sort it under warranty?
blackscell
New
Drives: 2018 AW

Post by blackscell »

It is retrofitted, that's why. I managed to sort most of the errors out, the mirror module was not the same as the one before. Now it fold and unfolds as it should, however, mirror dip does not work even after reactivating with vcds.

And the adjust-knob does the opposite, so pressing left means the window adjusts to the right. Tried a new module with the same serialnr and this module did the exact same.

Anyone has a clue on how to code this in odis or vcds?