Steering wheel

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
J+silva
Bronze Member
Drives: polo conf.

Steering wheel

Post by J+silva »

Hi, in my polo every time the start/stop turns on the engine stops but the wheel stays on it does not stiffs. Does any one now how to code it with obd I have another car (seat) but the does not have the same behave, thanks.
sc-red
New
Drives: VW Polo GTI+

Re: Steering wheel

Post by sc-red »

Out of interest, why would you want to do this?
J+silva
Bronze Member

Post by J+silva »

sc-red wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:42 pm Out of interest, why would you want to do this?
I m used to using it on the polo it's practical just turn the steering wheel a little bit and the car starts up without having to take your foot off the break.
if you are stopped and it is necessary to escape from an imminent accident just turn the steering wheel to the opposite side to escape and when you take your foot off the brake the engine is already running and you can move forward, or if for any reason the engine is needed and I'm stopped with the start / stop on just turn the steering wheel a little
Teee
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo gti +

Post by Teee »

I’m not sure if this will work for star stop, but I’ve tried it with the ignition on and engine not running and the power steering was activated so maybe this setting is active on your car already?

Try this With OBDeleven go to

01.steering Assistance (44)
02. Adaptation
03. Activation of PWR steering asst without engine running

I’m not sure what your default setting is, on my car the default setting is not active and currently not active. This is a very useful setting if your car is being towed or pushed to make manoeuvring easier without having the engine running.
J+silva
Bronze Member

Post by J+silva »

OK thanks I will tray and give same feedback.