Hit curb at 10mph! car drives fine, now what to check?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Re: Hit curb at 10mph! car drives fine, now what to check?

Post by Andy Beats »

Harrihealey02 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:31 pm I found out that it’s Costcos policy to put the rear tyres to the front and new ones at the back... who knows why and not sure why they said it’s their policy. I did in the past damage a steering rack on a Fiesta going into the curb in snow. Has steering all the way to the right full lock. I can also relate to that gut wrenching feeling after hitting one :|
Yeah, it is Costco policy and it's why I don't use them.
No-one else insists on this at all, and I could give you an exhaustive list.
If I were you I'd get the wheels swapped over so the crossclimates were on the front, but there you go.
They are very good tyres, I've had them on a few cars and currently on daughter's car.
Harrihealey02
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 SEL

Post by Harrihealey02 »

I agree It would make sense to put them at the front because that’s the most important axel with FWD cars. The front ones will need changing soon, they are nearly at the limit. They have lasted only 31,000 miles on the rear and old Falken fronts needed changing at 22,000 which seemed low mileage. Hopefully when I get the cross climates at the front as well they will last at least 30k.
Andy Beats

Post by Andy Beats »

Harrihealey02 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:31 am I agree It would make sense to put them at the front because that’s the most important axel with FWD cars. The front ones will need changing soon, they are nearly at the limit. They have lasted only 31,000 miles on the rear and old Falken fronts needed changing at 22,000 which seemed low mileage. Hopefully when I get the cross climates at the front as well they will last at least 30k.
Out of interest, did you cost for crossclimates on blackcircles?
I got a cracking price for them on there, with additional money off and some Michelin branded bluetooth earphones thrown in.
Harrihealey02
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 SEL

Post by Harrihealey02 »

I got them for just under £200 at Costco for two. Checked black circles and they are around the same price. I thought that Costco were better to fit as they’re local. Next time I’ll use black circles because there’s lots more to choose from.
Andy Beats

Post by Andy Beats »

A garage wouldn't charge much to swap them back, so that at least you're not driving around with shallow tread on the front right now.
Utter waste having the new ones on the back, so annoying.