Clock keeps resetting 2020 Gti

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
TheRacingRat
Getting There!
Drives: 2020 Polo GTI+

Clock keeps resetting 2020 Gti

Post by TheRacingRat »

Anyone else’s Clock keep resetting? Mines done it about 4 or 5 times in the last few months. Not a deal breaker but annoying. Would if it might be battery related? Car always starts fine.
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Re: Clock keeps resetting 2020 Gti

Post by Andy Beats »

Check your clock settings aren't on 'GPS' or 'daylight saving'
If they are, switch them to 'off'.
It means you'll have to manually reset the time twice a year, but it should stop your issue.
TheRacingRat
Getting There!

Post by TheRacingRat »

Will check and let you know.
MarkoM
New
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2020

Post by MarkoM »

Same here on my GTI. I was told by the dealer about this being known software issue and that VW is working on it. I was also shown the official VW memo on this topic. However similar scenarios in the past indicated that VW is far from viable fix for issue at hand, which is sad. Generally, quality of my 2020 SA built Polo GTI is a shame for company of VW's reputation, and my other 2016 regular VW Polo built in Spain is of much better quality in all aspects.
TheRacingRat
Getting There!

Post by TheRacingRat »

So I don’t have those settings switched on so I guess it’s a software issue. Will await update.
TheRacingRat
Getting There!

Post by TheRacingRat »

Yes I agree on build quality, my 2007 Alfa GT had less rattles than this polo and my 95 Golf VR6 was built like a tank! Cost saving I guess. All rattles have been fixed apart from my soundaktivator on sport(just turned it down, will disconnect eventually! And a rattle from the psssenger side dashboard air vent area which I have been unable to trace and fix.
Andy Beats
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

My wife will tell you how affected I am by rattles in cars, they drive me nuts and I will go for weeks not listening to the radio if I hear a rattle.
Thankfully, since the knocking tailgate has been fixed, my car is rattle free and that's even with the 18" wheels.
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

No rattles in my GTi+ yet after 5.5 months of ownership; also on 18” wheels. I agree with @MarkoM though - the quality of my previous (Spanish built) Polo GTI seemed better than that of my current South African built car.
Iamnotbarry
New
Drives: GTi+ (aw)

Post by Iamnotbarry »

Yes my clock also resets randomly, it also resets my trip counter as well. Was told by the VW dealership it was a software bug and they are working on it.
Going to give the DLS settings a go to see if it fixes the issue.
Steve_2019
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo SEL DSG 2019

Post by Steve_2019 »

My SEL doing it on a daily thing lately. So annoying
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

Mine has just done the same thing this morning, resetting the clock and trip computer completely out the blue.
TheRacingRat
Getting There!

Post by TheRacingRat »

Just to let you know that I did the 10 second hard reset on the infotainment system and now all is well. No more clock, trip computer or radio station preset erasures.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Apart from the mooing in reverse, our 2019 Polo GTI+ gas been issue free. What are people gauging build quality comparisons on?

The bodywork is definitely thinner, but that's not specifically a Polo thing, VW introduced the "hot pressed" body panels with all new models introduced from 2013, starting with the MK7.Golf and they've cheaped out in places they don't think the customer will notice (lack of lacquer under the bonnet etc) - again a general VAG thing and most of the other marquess are doing it too. Apart from the door cards being a little less hard and shiny, there's really not much I'd change in my Polo GTI+. It stacks up well against the Golf, considering the price difference.

This is the way modern cars are built. Comparing a MK4 Golf to a new Polo.for the solid traditional VW feel is going to lead to disappointment- no large scale manufacturer builds cars like that any more.
Last edited by monkeyhanger on Fri May 07, 2021 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheRacingRat
Getting There!

Post by TheRacingRat »

Yeah I agree I’m more than happy with my Polo, my friend has a new Mini and has a rattle that he can’t seem to fix. The fact is all cars are built to a cost these days, the days of over engineered Mercs and BMWs are long gone. Just SOME people(mentioning no names) love to moan about anything and everything.
Steve_2019
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo SEL DSG 2019

Post by Steve_2019 »

TheRacingRat wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:02 am Just to let you know that I did the 10 second hard reset on the infotainment system and now all is well. No more clock, trip computer or radio station preset erasures.
How do you do a hard reset of the infotainment system?