'Facelift' part numbers

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Jeyres
New
Drives: VW Polo Gti+ pre-opf

'Facelift' part numbers

Post by Jeyres »

I was wondering if anyone had the follwing part numbers for these facelift parts:
Front VW badge
Rear VW badge
Rear GTI badge (center badge)
Alloy Center caps

My local VW won't givepart number, however i could get prcies for the following:
Front badge £40
Rear badge £35
Center caps £25 each :shock:
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Re: 'Facelift' part numbers

Post by OomStu_ZA »

tbh that GTI badge placed below the VW logo at the rear grates my goat :P If I get a facelift model next year it's going to be deleted for sure.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

@Jeyres; VW haven’t officially revealed the facelift Polo yet, although there have been a few camouflaged pictures of the facelift car being road tested on some motoring websites. Those camouflage pictures have also been posted on this forum. Looks as if the facelift car will be ‘wearing’ new front and rear light clusters, new front and rear bumpers and new front grille. Depending on the shape of the new headlamps, there may also be revised front wings too. The new style VW emblem on the parts you’re looking to replace are part of the 2021 model year changes rather than part of the Polo’s mid life facelift change, but they’ll almost certainly be carried over to the facelift model.

If you replace the rear GTI badge, won’t it look a little odd? It’s a different font style to the other GTI badges on the car (front grille, the ‘blade’ GTI badges on the front wings and the GTI badge on the lower steering wheel spoke) so won’t match them. Similarly, replacing the VW emblem badges on the exterior of the car would mean the VW emblem on the steering wheel won’t match the other emblem badges. I agree with @OomStu_ZA; I’m not a fan of the revised position of the rear GTI badge on 2021 MY cars, but it’s good we don’t all like the same things.
PO10ASH
Getting There!
Drives: POLO GTI+

Post by PO10ASH »

I'm hoping to switch the front usbs to usb-c when the part id's are available, I'm sure it won't be as simple as plug and play though.
Stuart_Rendall
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Stuart_Rendall »

PO10ASH wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:24 am I'm hoping to switch the front usbs to usb-c when the part id's are available, I'm sure it won't be as simple as plug and play though.
Is getting a USB to USB-C adaptor not an option? Granted it won't look as good but will be much easier.