Economy mode

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Cpt_graybeard
New
Drives: Polo gti 2018

Re: Economy mode

Post by Cpt_graybeard »

Andy Beats wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:46 am
Cpt_graybeard wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:51 pm Well in my experience you ar still in sort of eco. the gears change up much faster and keep´s it in a higher gear longer. the performance is not all 200Hp in my opinion. sort of eco light maybe?
So you think the different modes mean different levels of power...?
I doubt that very much and can't see any evidence of it.
If I floor it, it's the same speed in any mode.
Really.. In eco mode i feel a quite struggle to rew it up.

try it. put it in sport or normal and floor it up to 100k and change it to eco. my gti feels really slow in eco mode..
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

Cpt_graybeard wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:58 am Really.. In eco mode i feel a quite struggle to rew it up.

try it. put it in sport or normal and floor it up to 100k and change it to eco. my gti feels really slow in eco mode..
Any car feels more sluggish in ECO mode, even my electric Leaf used to dull the throttle response in ECO.
But that's different from actually robbing you of BHP.
I very much doubt the car is (for the sake argument) 150bhp in ECO and 200bhp in everything other mode.
Would need a dyno test to prove.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Andy Beats wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:46 am
Cpt_graybeard wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:51 pm Well in my experience you ar still in sort of eco. the gears change up much faster and keep´s it in a higher gear longer. the performance is not all 200Hp in my opinion. sort of eco light maybe?
So you think the different modes mean different levels of power...?
I doubt that very much and can't see any evidence of it.
If I floor it, it's the same speed in any mode.
Different levels of throttle response, there's only around 60% of Sport's throttle response in eco.mode...unless you floor it beyond the clicks part of the pedal travel, then it gives you everything (like a safety override).