Don't know whether to laugh or be offended

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Don't know whether to laugh or be offended

Post by SRGTD »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:47 am
Andy Beats wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:17 am
monkeyhanger wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:49 am The ID3's interior has some incredibly cheap.materials too, but this is all relative to the standards expected for a German car, still better than Ford, Honda, Renault etc.
Have you checked lately?
I've said for years, put you or I into any car that didn't have any visual cues to its identity (badging etc.) and we wouldn't be able to tell what we were in by materials alone.
VAG may have raised the bar decades ago and forced others to catch up, I'm not denying that.
But the fact is the competition has caught up, no problem at all.
Yes, I've checked lately. Renault are still crap, the Koreans are getting better at faking it, but are still more SEAT than VW, Ford aren't great but always like to put in 20 switches when 8 will do.

The biggest surprise for me? Vauxhall (prior to the Peugeot buy out). My mate's wife bought an Adam and it was as plush as a MK7 Golf.
I have family members with Vauxhall’s that were built just prior to the Peugeot buy-out and I have to say they seem to be very well put together and the fit, finish and perceived quality of the interior look as good as VW. Panel gaps are also really tight and uniform, and that’s not something I can claim for most of the VW’s I’ve owned that’ve had to go back to the dealer for adjustments.

Sadly, when I was speaking to one of my Vauxhall-owning family, they told me of a conversation they’d had with the Vauxhall salesperson they dealt with when the bought their current car. That salesperson said there’s been a definite drop in build quality since the Peugeot buy-out.