VWFS monthly payments

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Boxerboy
Bronze Member
Drives: Her Polo R. Or my car.

VWFS monthly payments

Post by Boxerboy »

Recently we received a good old fashioned letter from VWFS asking us to submit the actual mileage on the car.

We’re 15 months in so they’re running late with the question.

The letter was full of words regarding contract payments, changes to contract, yadda, yadda, yadda.

So as the current mileage is only about 50% of what VWFS expected, I asked them if the monthly payment could be reduced as clearly the 3 year mileage will be nowhere the original estimate.

No chance.

There has to be at least a 5,000 miles per year reduction before VWFS will consider a reduction.

I think they’re happy to increase the monthly payment if you want to increase the annual miles.

So be it.

Will be a very nice low mileage GTI in 2022.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Re: VWFS monthly payments

Post by S_94 »

Currently at 9800 miles after (almost) two years of ownership. Would have been considerably more if it wasn't COVID.

I'll be in the same boat, if the car goes back it will doing so with low mileage.
Stuart_Rendall
Bronze Member

Post by Stuart_Rendall »

Seems like a bit of a pointless assessment really when if you're over you could just... well lie. I'm at about 8k miles with 10k miles stated on my contract but I can do 20k miles some years. I never plan on giving the car back to VW though so again, seems pointless.
Boxerboy
Bronze Member
Drives: Her Polo R. Or my car.

Post by Boxerboy »

Stuart_Rendall wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:13 pm Seems like a bit of a pointless assessment really when if you're over you could just... well lie. I'm at about 8k miles with 10k miles stated on my contract but I can do 20k miles some years. I never plan on giving the car back to VW though so again, seems pointless.
I’m not sure what you mean about “pointless assessment” and “lying”.

It’s normal for VWFS to log the annual mileage for a contract hire car to see if things are in line with the plan.

I never plan to buy a PCP/PCH car but did once when the market value was more than a Grand more than the Buy It Back Price.

In this 21st century world of Hybrids and EV cars, combined with the demonising of Petrol and Diesel cars, I will consider buying this low mileage Polo in December 2022 to buy time in considering our long term replacement.

It does really p*** me off that I couldn’t blow the cobwebs away during 2020 and 2021 isn’t looking much better.

Why do we bother with any car that can do more than 40 mph these days?

I chuckled recently at the daddy picking up his kid from school in an Audi R8. He lives a mile from the school FFS.

I’m amazed at the number of High Performance cars that are trundling round this area. Do they ever get to stretch their legs?

ps - I get my kicks on 2 wheels and am just waiting for the metaphoric “green light”
Stuart_Rendall
Bronze Member

Post by Stuart_Rendall »

Boxerboy wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:47 am
I’m not sure what you mean about “pointless assessment” and “lying”.

It’s normal for VWFS to log the annual mileage for a contract hire car to see if things are in line with the plan.

I never plan to buy a PCP/PCH car but did once when the market value was more than a Grand more than the Buy It Back Price.

In this 21st century world of Hybrids and EV cars, combined with the demonising of Petrol and Diesel cars, I will consider buying this low mileage Polo in December 2022 to buy time in considering our long term replacement.

It does really p*** me off that I couldn’t blow the cobwebs away during 2020 and 2021 isn’t looking much better.

Why do we bother with any car that can do more than 40 mph these days?

I chuckled recently at the daddy picking up his kid from school in an Audi R8. He lives a mile from the school FFS.

I’m amazed at the number of High Performance cars that are trundling round this area. Do they ever get to stretch their legs?

ps - I get my kicks on 2 wheels and am just waiting for the metaphoric “green light”
My last car was a VW also on finance and I did the same with that. And my car ended up being worth 2k more than the balloon so I suppose i'll do the same with this car and buy it out and proceed to sell it immediately.

And interms of performance cars I suppose it's just know what it can do. I'm only 22 but 100% I know that the vast majority of my future cars will be performance cars. Just makes things more fun... money permitting that is.
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

Any car I've had on PCP or lease, I've been asked for the mileage from time to time.
When I did company car leases, it was common to get a rebate on unused mileage as well as the usual extra charge for extra mileage.
So some company car drivers who did less than expected were able to terminate early in lieu of a rebate.