2021 Seat Ibiza Facelift

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

2021 Seat Ibiza Facelift

Post by SRGTD »

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/04/seat- ... nt-system/

The interior is probably an indication of what we can expect when the Polo’s mid life facelift is officially unveiled by VW. I think the large ‘stick-on’ infotainment screen (like the latest Golf, ID3 and other VAG models) was expected, but its good to see conventional controls have been retained for lights and heating.
Andy Beats
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Re: 2021 Seat Ibiza Facelift

Post by Andy Beats »

When climate control is basically 'set and leave', why are conventional controls important?
They make any car (mine include) look really old fashioned.
The wife's Evoque has touch-sensitive heater controls and you basically just leave them, only pressing the 'max' button when it's really cold or really hot.
The lights button I'm not bothered about, it's out of sight and left on 'auto' anyway.
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: 2021 Seat Ibiza Facelift

Post by SRGTD »

I had ‘set and leave’ climate control in my last car. There weren’t many journeys where I didn’t make some form of adjustment to the controls - usually the cabin temperature. Seems I’m not alone; based on some of the discussions on other VW forums there are other fiddlers of ‘set and leave’ climate control out there too.

I’m more than happy with the manual air con in my current car, even if it might look a little old fashioned to some. I think it looks fine, and it seems to do a better job of cooling the cabin than the auto climate control in my last car.