Polo GTI Stage 1 Remap

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
TheRacingRat
Getting There!
Drives: 2020 Polo GTI+

Re: Polo GTI Stage 1 Remap

Post by TheRacingRat »

Yeah all the intake stuff is for the noise mainly!
Stuart_Rendall
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Stuart_Rendall »

TheRacingRat wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:40 pm Yeah all the intake stuff is for the noise mainly!
Ahh makes sense now.
Rosinfield
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 AW GTI

Post by Rosinfield »

As for noise, I'm pretty content with the Milltek non resonated catback. Still civilised, a deep dark buzz and pretty pops & bangs when in S. Which I use only to produce the P7B's now and then by the way. Car is perfect in D with the DSG mod.
Stuart_Rendall
Bronze Member

Post by Stuart_Rendall »

Rosinfield wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:42 am As for noise, I'm pretty content with the Milltek non resonated catback. Still civilised, a deep dark buzz and pretty pops & bangs when in S. Which I use only to produce the P7B's now and then by the way. Car is perfect in D with the DSG mod.
I already have a Milltek OPF back non res exhaust but the OPF is a real sound killed in these cars.
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

Put mine on hold until I find out how much to get out of the deal and back into an EV.
If the deal can't be done, I'll be going for the remap.
Every night my journey home is accelerating from rest up a steep dual carriageway.
At the point I like changing gear, before the harshness of the engine becomes unbearable, the next gear just dies a death - just really dies. :x
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

I'll probably get ours mapped when it's 3 years old (will be 2 years old in a few weeks time).unless the insurance is silly (paying about £280pa currently). I can't be bothered to go for all the noise stuff, I'm a bit old to be impressing all the 17 year old lasses down my local McDonalds car park. 8) It's still going to tramp like a b'stard though.
Jackgti
New
Drives: Polo GTi+ 2020

Post by Jackgti »

Mine currently has the OPF/GPF which was disappointing, don’t fancy buy a miltek exhaust just yet as if I can’t get it tuned within the next year I’ll be getting rid probably.

The car itself is great I’ve just felt disappointed in its performance but maybe I was expecting too much!

Does anyone know what I can do to the stock exhaust to spice up the sound a little without replacing the exhaust/making it fail an MOT?
Andy Beats

Post by Andy Beats »

monkeyhanger wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:47 am It's still going to tramp like a b'stard though.
Zero tramp here, currently running Goodyear Vector all-season on the front.
Can't be assed changing back to the Bridgestones, even if the Vectors do feel a little more vague under hard (dry) cornering.
I'll keep the Bridgestones fresh for when it goes back.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Andy Beats wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:24 pm
monkeyhanger wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:47 am It's still going to tramp like a b'stard though.
Zero tramp here, currently running Goodyear Vector all-season on the front.
Can't be assed changing back to the Bridgestones, even if the Vectors do feel a little more vague under hard (dry) cornering.
I'll keep the Bridgestones fresh for when it goes back.
No tramping with 70% throttle from a standstill in 1st gear? I can't give mine full welly until I'm in 2nd. I suspect the tyres are a little overinflated (at recommended pressures rather than 36psi fronts/33psi backs (as I used to run my old GTI+ at. Will have to adjust and see what the difference is.
Andy Beats

Post by Andy Beats »

monkeyhanger wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:08 pm No tramping with 70% throttle from a standstill in 1st gear? I can't give mine full welly until I'm in 2nd. I suspect the tyres are a little overinflated (at recommended pressures rather than 36psi fronts/33psi backs (as I used to run my old GTI+ at. Will have to adjust and see what the difference is.
Nope, just smooth wheelspin (if I switch the TC off).
Haven't had bad tramp in any car since my Mk4 Gti 1.8T that tramped so bad a pipe was ripped off the turbo and it just stopped....dead....
German_Fartbox
New
Drives: Polo GTI 2.0 DSG (2020)

Post by German_Fartbox »

Jackgti wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:16 pm Mine currently has the OPF/GPF which was disappointing, don’t fancy buy a miltek exhaust just yet as if I can’t get it tuned within the next year I’ll be getting rid probably.

The car itself is great I’ve just felt disappointed in its performance but maybe I was expecting too much!

Does anyone know what I can do to the stock exhaust to spice up the sound a little without replacing the exhaust/making it fail an MOT?
Pretty sure the opf back from Milltek will suite. https://www.millteksport.com/resonated- ... 505mp.html
Stuart_Rendall
Bronze Member

Post by Stuart_Rendall »

Jackgti wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:16 pm
You could have a resonator delete. Won't fail an M.O.T but is a permanent modification. That's pretty much all the Milltek system is apart from the Milltek system having a larger diameter pipe and a better grade material.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Andy Beats wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:25 pm
monkeyhanger wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:08 pm No tramping with 70% throttle from a standstill in 1st gear? I can't give mine full welly until I'm in 2nd. I suspect the tyres are a little overinflated (at recommended pressures rather than 36psi fronts/33psi backs (as I used to run my old GTI+ at. Will have to adjust and see what the difference is.
Nope, just smooth wheelspin (if I switch the TC off).
Haven't had bad tramp in any car since my Mk4 Gti 1.8T that tramped so bad a pipe was ripped off the turbo and it just stopped....dead....
I may have to try turning off TC, never done that before.
Rosinfield
Bronze Member

Post by Rosinfield »

Stuart_Rendall wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:35 am
Rosinfield wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:42 am

I already have a Milltek OPF back non res exhaust but the OPF is a real sound killed in these cars.
Yes, fortunately mine is without OPF
Rosinfield
Bronze Member

Post by Rosinfield »

Here a graph of a Polo GTI (not mine) chipped by VagTechniek. Stage 1+ means stage 1 with optimization based on rollerbank results
50D9E8C4-0BF9-4D9B-A6B5-98B61C71E367.jpeg
50D9E8C4-0BF9-4D9B-A6B5-98B61C71E367.jpeg (369.69 KiB) Viewed 2193 times