OPF/GPF exhaust options?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Jackgti
New
Drives: Polo GTi+ 2020

OPF/GPF exhaust options?

Post by Jackgti »

Not an experts with exhausts at all.

Was wondering if anyome could list the options available for a OPF exhaust to make it sound a little better?

I know I can have the opf deleted but this may fail the MOT so this is out the question, other than getting a full new exhaust back, what options do I have?

German_Fartbox
New
Drives: Polo GTI 2.0 DSG (2020)

Re: OPF/GPF exhaust options?

Post by German_Fartbox »

Jackgti wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:27 pm Not an experts with exhausts at all.

Was wondering if anyome could list the options available for a OPF exhaust to make it sound a little better?

I know I can have the opf deleted but this may fail the MOT so this is out the question, other than getting a full new exhaust back, what options do I have?

https://www.millteksport.com/resonated- ... 505mp.html

Just posted this on another thread but I'm pretty sure the attached has been designed by Milltek for this reason. There are some videos on YouTube with how they sound.
Stuart_Rendall
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Stuart_Rendall »

Resonator delete is pretty much all you can do. If you want it cheap then just buy some pipe and weld it in or take it to a local garage to do. If you want more, get a Milltek system. I'm currently running a Milltek OPF back system which elevates the oem sound and adds more 'burbling' with the odd fart and bang but nothing special.

I'm looking at getting the whole exhaust gutted but wouldn't advise if warranty and legitimate M.O.T passes are important to you.

How many miles has your car done also? I've not long hit 10k miles and the sounds get better with miles.
Jackgti
New
Drives: Polo GTi+ 2020

Post by Jackgti »

Stuart_Rendall wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:13 pm

Resonator delete is pretty much all you can do. If you want it cheap then just buy some pipe and weld it in or take it to a local garage to do. If you want more, get a Milltek system. I'm currently running a Milltek OPF back system which elevates the oem sound and adds more 'burbling' with the odd fart and bang but nothing special.

I'm looking at getting the whole exhaust gutted but wouldn't advise if warranty and legitimate M.O.T passes are important to you.

How many miles has your car done also? I've not long hit 10k miles and the sounds get better with miles.
Yeah I like the miltek but not really wanting to spend £600 on just sound haha. Especially if I plan on giving it back in 4 years, then swapping the exhaust back and selling it would be another task.

Car is currently at 7.5k, a lot of people mention at around 4/5k there is like a GPF/OPF regeneration stage? Can’t say I’ve experienced anything similar to this.
Stuart_Rendall
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Stuart_Rendall »

Jackgti wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:06 pm Yeah I like the miltek but not really wanting to spend £600 on just sound haha. Especially if I plan on giving it back in 4 years, then swapping the exhaust back and selling it would be another task.

Car is currently at 7.5k, a lot of people mention at around 4/5k there is like a GPF/OPF regeneration stage? Can’t say I’ve experienced anything similar to this.
I've not experienced any regen yet but I do long journeys so that could be why. If you don't want to spend too much then just take it to a local reputable garage and ask if they can do a res delete. If you end up giving the car back they most likely won't know.

My plan is to hold onto my car and sell it after the PCP period. Much better use of money. And that way I can do all the mods I like (insurance permitted).