New Polo Colours - Ascot Grey or Blue?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: New Polo Colours - Ascot Grey or Blue?

Post by SRGTD »

Andy Beats wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:00 pm If we ignore 'how' they obtain the colour, it then comes down to whether the cost of insurance is then affected by the colour.
In the UK, the answer is surely no.
I know I've never, ever heard of someone getting retrospectively contacted by their insurer saying "now that we know your car is red, we're charging you another £75"
If an insurer introduced any new risk factor, I very much doubt they’d charge affected policyholders a retrospective additional premium charge; under those circumstances, the normal practice would be for any additional charge to apply from the next policy renewal date. If premium charges were applied retrospectively, that would be likely to result in a significant volume of policyholders cancelling their policies and moving to another insurer.
Andy Beats wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:00 pm This is obviously barring mega-special paint jobs that would cost a fortune to repair etc.
A mega special paint job - if done any time after a car leaves the factory after being built would be a modification and would need to be declared at the time of the modification (the requirement to declare modifications will be a standard requirement in the small print of pretty much all - if not all - car insurance policies). Agree, in the case of a special custom paint job, an insurance company would almost certainly charge an increased premium because of the likely increased repair costs. That additional premium charge would apply from the date the modification was made.