Retrofit T-Cross Seats to Polo MK10

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
sbhammo
New
Drives: 2018 Polo R Design

Retrofit T-Cross Seats to Polo MK10

Post by sbhammo »

Hello, need so advise.... Just got the other half a 2018 MK10, she's finding the seats are too long in the leg for her. All the polo seats seem to be like this, however, we did try a T-Cross the other day and they are much better. She loves the car but the seats are an issue, does anyone know if T-Cross front seats can be retrofitted? (assuming I can find some second hand)

Thanks, in advance, Stu
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Retrofit T-Cross Seats to Polo MK10

Post by RUM4MO »

Will some or a lot of this not be due to the angles that give most comfort in a Polo will be different to the angles to give the same comfort to that size of person in a more upright car like the T-Cross - that is just a guess and so if you did end up fitting T-Cross seats into a Polo then you might not have solved this problem?

I'm meaning both base angle and seat back angle.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Retrofit T-Cross Seats to Polo MK10

Post by SRGTD »

If it is possible, assuming you’d just be changing the front seats it’s unlikely the seat upholstery on a T-Cross’s front seats will match the upholstery on the Polo’s rear seat (my car OCD means I couldn’t handle mis-matched seat upholstery! 😀). Not sure it would be possible to change the rear seat anyway, as the T-Cross rear seats have a sliding function to increase boot space at the expense of rear legroom and vice-versa, so the rear seat probably wouldn’t fit in the Polo. Also, bear in mind that changing the seats would be a modification for insurance purposes, so you’d need to notify your insurer who may increase your premium.

A possible alternative and much less expensive option to changing the seats is to get a lumbar support cushion for the driver’s seat. Using one of those on the driver’s seat should add thickness to seat backrest, so would have the effect of making the existing seat cushion shorter. Something like this;
79F40AD0-4B70-4809-ADF5-77519574B763.jpeg
79F40AD0-4B70-4809-ADF5-77519574B763.jpeg (62.6 KiB) Viewed 472 times