Polo GTI (AW)Mods

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
ShamzGTI
New
Drives: AW GTI

Re: Polo GTI (AW)Mods

Post by ShamzGTI »

I don't know how vws are these days when lowered.
Years back my golf 1 that I owned bounced like mad with h&r springs. Then again that was 50mm drop.
With the AW do you guys also do drop links?
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Stuart_Rendall wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:39 am
ShamzGTI wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:36 pm Thanks Stuart, Not worried to much on warranty as its got last couple months left.
I doubt its an OPF model, dont recall any models in South Africa with OPF.
Does your car sound much better now with pops and bangs. I am looking for some good pops and bangs but nothing crazy
My car only has the rare pop and fart with the DSG because of the OPF I have and I imagine you won't have an OPF then if your car is a SA model.

If it was me and I had no OPF, I would get a decatted downpipe either Milltek or a custom pipe from a reputable garage.
You've got to be careful not to overdo it though. Walking the kids to school, most days I see a very loud car - pops, bangs and generally very loud. The fella driving it must think he's very cool as people turn their heads as he drives past to see what's making all the noise, only to see an old black Ford Focus C-Max 1.6 MPV POS. :lol:
Stuart_Rendall
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Stuart_Rendall »

monkeyhanger wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:26 am You've got to be careful not to overdo it though. Walking the kids to school, most days I see a very loud car - pops, bangs and generally very loud. The fella driving it must think he's very cool as people turn their heads as he drives past to see what's making all the noise, only to see an old black Ford Focus C-Max 1.6 MPV POS. :lol:
I believe there is a list somewhere online where you can find where those sorts of people live in your local area. Always worth keeping a good distance.