Reversing camera stuck (can’t open boot!)

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Harrihealey02
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 SEL

Reversing camera stuck (can’t open boot!)

Post by Harrihealey02 »

Today I noticed my revising camera was stuck open, everything works display shows however at the top of the image you can see the top part of the badge (where it must be partially out compared to normal). I think one of my mates must have tried opening the boot as the camera was still out after rebooting as it does stay out for 10 seconds or so after reversing gear has disregarded. Is there anything I can try to get it working?
Stuart_Rendall
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Re: Reversing camera stuck (can’t open boot!)

Post by Stuart_Rendall »

Have you tried putting the car into park, back into reverse, then park again. Or pressing the boot release button on the key fob. I know they sound silly but it may cause the camera position to reset. Other than that maybe the manual has a trouble shooting section of this.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Forum member mike sel had the same issue. You’ve not said if you’re able to open your tailgate or not but in Mike’s case he wasn’t able to open the boot when this happened. Removal and refitting the camera was the solution in their case.

Link to discussion thread;

https://www.uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=71617

Edit; seems this is not an uncommon issue with VW’s that have the reversing camera. If you do a Google search on ‘mk7 golf reversing camera stuck open and boot wont open’ you’ll find quite a few discussion threads on various forums. Some of the posts in these threads may be a DIY fix to getting it to work - and releasing the tailgate if yours is also stuck closed.
Harrihealey02
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 SEL

Post by Harrihealey02 »

What I ended up doing was disconnecting the negative for 2 minutes, switching ignition on plus lights on with battery disconnected to drain any volatile memory. Ended up working! Thanks for the replies, I read what they did in that other form you suggested and saw they ‘reset the electrics’