Polo 2020 New shape driver side door window not working

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
jam0_1
New
Drives: 2020 Polo MK6

Polo 2020 New shape driver side door window not working

Post by jam0_1 »

Hi guys,

I need some help please, I have a VW Polo 2029 the new shape and for some reason the passenger side Front and back Windows work and the doors locks. However the driver side front door locks but doesn’t unlock with the button on the key and the window doesn’t go down from the front driver side switch! The Windows doesn’t go down for any of the doors when using the master switch on front driver side however if you attempt to individually put the Windows down for example put the passenger side rear window Down using the switch from the passenger side rear door then it works. The driver side rear door switch also doesn’t work for and the Window doesn’t go down however this door does lock and unlock!

Could someone please help me with this issue please?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Polo 2020 New shape driver side door window not working

Post by SRGTD »

Sorry can’t help in diagnosing what’s causing the issue.

Your post states your car’s a 2029 car but your signature shows it as a 2020 car so I’m assuming it is actually a 2020 car. That being the case, I’d be taking it back to the dealer to get it fixed free of charge as it has the benefit of VW’s new car factory warranty until 2023.
jam0_1
New
Drives: 2020 Polo MK6

Re: Polo 68 plate New shape driver side door window not working

Post by jam0_1 »

Hi STGT,

Sorry for the confusion it appear the vehicle is actually a 68 plate. Would this still be covered under the warranty?
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: Polo 68 plate New shape driver side door window not working

Post by monkeyhanger »

jam0_1 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:03 pm Hi STGT,

Sorry for the confusion it appear the vehicle is actually a 68 plate. Would this still be covered under the warranty?
If the car was registered less than 3 years ago it is still under warranty. If it was registered 1st-10th Sep 2018, you just missed the boat (but could ask for a goodwill contribution - often you can get the parts free/reduced if you pay their labour).
Harrihealey02
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 SEL

Re: Polo 2020 New shape driver side door window not working

Post by Harrihealey02 »

As the others have said take it to the dealer. Sounds like the driver side door computer is not working or the switch connection has come loose/faulty. Not something you should worry about. If it’s a 68 reg then it depends when it was registered, you can find out if it’s been 3 years or more on the UK MOT checker website.