Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Post by SRGTD »

dash09 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:52 am
OomStu_ZA wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:38 am Received this reply from VW SA this morning upon my enquiry:

Capture.JPG
Can confirm this, we didn't receive the 7 speed box as far as I know. Bought mine mid august, since the company I work for is part of vw I ordered from factory and local production had already stopped. Mine has the 2021 updates like badging and type c ports all round, regular 6 speed box and 147kw though. Would have liked to get the facelift, the factory did offer it to me, but with no eta or pricing I settled on the aw
IMHO I don’t think you’ve missed out on too much by getting a pre-facelift model. The IQ Matrix headlights are nice, and I quite like the revised rear light cluster design, but the small power uplift probably isn’t noticed in normal day to day driving. The touch panel for heating / ventilating / air-con I could definitely live without. Assuming the facelift model uses the same - or similar - software as other VAG cars that share the MQB platform, it could also be affected by the numerous software gremlins that many mk8 Golf owners seem to be experiencing.
sirwolfie
New
Drives: A45

Post by sirwolfie »

SRGTD wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:37 am
dash09 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:52 am
OomStu_ZA wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:38 am Received this reply from VW SA this morning upon my enquiry:

Capture.JPG
Can confirm this, we didn't receive the 7 speed box as far as I know. Bought mine mid august, since the company I work for is part of vw I ordered from factory and local production had already stopped. Mine has the 2021 updates like badging and type c ports all round, regular 6 speed box and 147kw though. Would have liked to get the facelift, the factory did offer it to me, but with no eta or pricing I settled on the aw
IMHO I don’t think you’ve missed out on too much by getting a pre-facelift model. The IQ Matrix headlights are nice, and I quite like the revised rear light cluster design, but the small power uplift probably isn’t noticed in normal day to day driving. The touch panel for heating / ventilating / air-con I could definitely live without. Assuming the facelift model uses the same - or similar - software as other VAG cars that share the MQB platform, it could also be affected by the numerous software gremlins that many mk8 Golf owners seem to be experiencing.
Tend to agree. Just hope they have improved the build quality also as my daughters Polo rattled constantly from day one. Took numerous attempts to put right.
worsy
New
Drives: The wife's 2022 Polo GTI.

Post by worsy »

I've just placed an order for a Kings Red/Black Roof with Comfort, Driver Assistance, 18" alloys, Inductive Charging for the wife. 42 weeks I've been quoted so that will mean her 2019 GTi+ will be just over 3 years old.

Hoping used prices hold up till then :)
Manclad
New
Drives: GTi +

Post by Manclad »

worsy wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:54 pm I've just placed an order for a Kings Red/Black Roof with Comfort, Driver Assistance, 18" alloys, Inductive Charging for the wife. 42 weeks I've been quoted so that will mean her 2019 GTi+ will be just over 3 years old.

Lovely, nice spec. What did they say about px values. Will that guarantee price as lowest and offer more of value increased when car ready?
worsy
New

Post by worsy »

Manclad wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:39 pm
worsy wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:54 pm I've just placed an order for a Kings Red/Black Roof with Comfort, Driver Assistance, 18" alloys, Inductive Charging for the wife. 42 weeks I've been quoted so that will mean her 2019 GTi+ will be just over 3 years old.

Lovely, nice spec. What did they say about px values. Will that guarantee price as lowest and offer more of value increased when car ready?
I went through DrivetheDeal so no px, although nearer the time I might ask the dealer if they want to buy for stock. Otherwise will advertise nearer the time. It is a nice Spec with the very rare Climate control on it and only just done 9000 miles so I expect it will be easy to sell at the right price.
Manclad
New
Drives: GTi +

Post by Manclad »

Sounds good. I was surprised that with the preface lift Climate was an option on the GTi + and glad mine also has it but good to see it's now standard, as it should be be at the price. Look forward to seeing pictures when it eventually arrives 👍
worsy
New

Post by worsy »

Manclad wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:12 pm Sounds good. I was surprised that with the preface lift Climate was an option on the GTi + and glad mine also has it but good to see it's now standard, as it should be be at the price. Look forward to seeing pictures when it eventually arrives 👍
:D

A very odd decision by VW. Not many have it by all accounts.
sirwolfie
New

Post by sirwolfie »

worsy wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:07 pm
Manclad wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:39 pm

I went through DrivetheDeal so no px, although nearer the time I might ask the dealer if they want to buy for stock. Otherwise will advertise nearer the time. It is a nice Spec with the very rare Climate control on it and only just done 9000 miles so I expect it will be easy to sell at the right price.

Ordered via AutoeBid on 30th November, just before the 1st December price increase. Went with; Reef blue, upgraded 18" alloys, heated seats, deep iron inserts, phone charging and reverse camera. Roughly 12% discount, no p/x.

Local dealers couldn't even come close. Just hope the secondhand prices hold as the Polo R line will be almost 3 years old when the GTI arrives. Been quoted June/July delivery, not sure how accurate this is.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

worsy wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:01 am
Manclad wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:12 pm Sounds good. I was surprised that with the preface lift Climate was an option on the GTi + and glad mine also has it but good to see it's now standard, as it should be be at the price. Look forward to seeing pictures when it eventually arrives 👍
:D

A very odd decision by VW. Not many have it by all accounts.
I may be wrong but manual air con is probably the norm for the majority of cars in small car segment built in the same era as the pre-facelift current shape AW Polo model (2017-2021)

I had auto climate control in my previous GTI but didn’t bother with it in my current GTI+. In terms of effectiveness, I find the manual air con in my current car no better or worse that the auto climate control in my previous car, and whilst the three manual knobs might not be as aesthetically pleasing to look at as the dual zone climate control panel, IMHO it’s probably easier to make adjustments on the move with the manual set up solely by touch without having to look at the controls, so there’s no need to divert your attention from the road ahead. Some might say that if you have auto climate control, then there’s no need to adjust it - just set it and go. However, I’ve found in any car I’ve owned that had auto climate control, I’ve always needed to adjust it on most journeys. But then, perhaps I’m just an air con control fiddler 🤔🤣.

With the climate control panel in the facelift GTI being a touch panel with no physical buttons or knobs, hopefully most owners won’t find it necessary to make HVAC adjustments whilst on the move. With the touch panel being quite low down and not in the driver’s line of sight, IMHO it will be quite difficult for the driver to operate / make adjustments without looking down at the touch panel, diverting their attention away from the forward view ahead. IMHO that could be potentially dangerous and I’d be very interested to hear from forum members whether or not this is an issue in practice when their cars are eventually built and delivered.
steeve
Bronze Member
Drives: Mk10 GTI+

Post by steeve »

We did manage to order one within a few days of the order book opening. Certainly the first to be ordered by VW Leicester.
We ordered a white one (last one was Flash Red) not only is it a nice colour but it's easy to clean. However a pearl white would have been ordered if it was available.

As far as cost we felt that the new Polo GTi is a bargain. Spec up an A1 with the same engine to the same spec (though not adaptive cruise as it isn't available on the 207PS car??) and it's four grand cheaper, both built in the same factory on the same line.

Expected delivery April or May but could be July. Apparently only a handful ordered before ours.
Last edited by steeve on Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emma20360
New
Drives: gti

Post by Emma20360 »

I’ve ordered a new GTI in black, it’s meant to be coming next week… I’m too excited! Does anyone know if the paddle shift gears are the same on the new gti as the pre face lift?
sirwolfie
New

Post by sirwolfie »

Emma20360 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:40 pm I’ve ordered a new GTI in black, it’s meant to be coming next week… I’m too excited! Does anyone know if the paddle shift gears are the same on the new gti as the pre face lift?
You must be super excited :D What spec did you go for? And get some pics up when you get it👍
Scotty_boy vw
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 6C 1ltr TSI/2018 1ltr TSI AW

Post by Scotty_boy vw »

Has anyone added the Navigation Pro to there car?

scott
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Scotty_boy vw wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:05 am Has anyone added the Navigation Pro to there car?

scott
According to VW’s website Discover Media Navigation gives you;
- Dynamic road sign display
- Multifunction front facing camera for distance control
- Standard navigation system with media and internet package
- Wireless App-Connect

And for Discover Pro Navigation gives you this;
- “Discover Pro" Navigation system including Streaming & Internet
- Dynamic road sign display
- Multifunction front facing camera for distance control
- Voice activation - spoken voice commands for telephone and navigation system
- Wireless App-Connect

The ‘Pro’ version costs an extra £820, so essentially you’re getting streaming and internet and voice activation for your £820 which IMHO is very poor value. And if ‘streaming and internet’ with the ‘Pro’ version is essentially the same as the ‘media and internet package’ on the Discover Media Nav system (might be a marketing trick by VW to use different words to describe the same thing?) then in my humble opinion VW charging £820 just for voice activation is daylight robbery! 😧.

I can think of better things to spend £820 on…….🤔
steeve
Bronze Member
Drives: Mk10 GTI+

Post by steeve »

We did seriously consider a Kings Red car, the only new car in the whole dealership was a convertible Golf in Kings Red.
We decided not to go with that colour, after which the sales manager said you've made a good decision not to go with the red. He claims it's impossible to get a good repair, not possible to do a part panel and a whole panel will never look the same.