2022 r line polo

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
CLIFFORD2K1
New
Drives: 1.0 115 sel dsg

2022 r line polo

Post by CLIFFORD2K1 »

Just ordered a r line polo dsg 110ps. In blue with heated seats, rev camera and wireless phone charger. Was tempted by the matrix headlights but they were 1k extra. And the panaramic roof was £800 which was also tempting. Trading in my 19 plate polo sel 95 dsg. Got a decent price for mine tbh. There hoping to tag onto a one in pre build for delivery April/may. If not they say it will be July. Anything I’ve missed ordering this? Was abit pissed the matrix lights are standard on the style but not the r line
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: 2022 r line polo

Post by SRGTD »

With the pre-facelift Polo, the SEL was probably the equivalent of the current Style trim level, and the SEL got items of equipment as standard that the pre-facelift R-Line and GTI didn’t get - e.g. sat nav, dual zone climate control.

VW will be aware that many prospective R-Line customers may want desirable options such as LED matrix headlamps, so by making them an extra cost option generates additional profit for VW. IMHO it’s always wise not to go too heavy on expensive options as the cost soon mounts up, and it would be quite easy to end up with an R-Line with a list price that’s close to - or more than - the list price of a GTI, which IMHO doesn’t make good financial sense, as it’d be better to go for the GTI rather than a heavily optioned R-Line. By adding metallic paint, sunroof, LED matrix headlights (which also require you to have light and sight pack) and 17” alloys to an R Line 110ps DSG gives you a list price of £26,120, compared to a GTI’s list price of £26,430, so only £310 less than the GTI.

I personally wouldn’t be bothered about not having a sunroof. It adds extra weight to the car, is a source of potential creaks and rattles, and if the drainage tubes become blocked (not uncommon), then water can leak into the cabin.
arkay
New
Drives: Polo Life DSG (95 PS) in Stormy Grey

Post by arkay »

Hi Clifford - I would have added a space-saver spare wheel. Otherwise great choices. As I’ve said on another thread, my order has gone through quickly and I have a build week 8 in February. So maybe cars are coming through more quickly now?
CLIFFORD2K1
New

Post by CLIFFORD2K1 »

I have a spare unused spare wheel in my sel. Am I right in thinking I can just take this out before trading my car in? Will it be the right size?
CLIFFORD2K1
New

Post by CLIFFORD2K1 »

SRGTD wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:08 am With the pre-facelift Polo, the SEL was probably the equivalent of the current Style trim level, and the SEL got items of equipment as standard that the pre-facelift R-Line and GTI didn’t get - e.g. sat nav, dual zone climate control.

VW will be aware that many prospective R-Line customers may want desirable options such as LED matrix headlamps, so by making them an extra cost option generates additional profit for VW. IMHO it’s always wise not to go too heavy on expensive options as the cost soon mounts up, and it would be quite easy to end up with an R-Line with a list price that’s close to - or more than - the list price of a GTI, which IMHO doesn’t make good financial sense, as it’d be better to go for the GTI rather than a heavily optioned R-Line. By adding metallic paint, sunroof, LED matrix headlights (which also require you to have light and sight pack) and 17” alloys to an R Line 110ps DSG gives you a list price of £26,120, compared to a GTI’s list price of £26,430, so only £310 less than the GTI.

I personally wouldn’t be bothered about not having a sunroof. It adds extra weight to the car, is a source of potential creaks and rattles, and if the drainage tubes become blocked (not uncommon), then water can leak into the cabin.
Your right with matrix headlamps it won’t of been far off. It’s frustrating to see this as a standard option on a style but not r line, but u can not get a style in a dsg gearbox hence why I have to go to the r line. I priced a gti but it was just too far for budget
CLIFFORD2K1
New

Post by CLIFFORD2K1 »

arkay wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:07 pm Hi Clifford - I would have added a space-saver spare wheel. Otherwise great choices. As I’ve said on another thread, my order has gone through quickly and I have a build week 8 in February. So maybe cars are coming through more quickly now?
She told me it would be wk 33 if she couldn’t get on a pre build bit sooner would be nice
Teachertim
New
Drives: R-Line

Post by Teachertim »

I picked up my black new shape R-Line two weeks ago. Managed to get one from stock from my local dealer. It’s a brilliant car. I love it. Great tech and fun to drive. Does everything I need it to. Traded in a 2 series Grand Coupe 218i and it’s faster and accelerates better than that did. Very happy with my ‘downgrade’ and loving my new car.
Attachments
B6B44AD4-641E-4BA1-9101-5206C3788877.jpeg
B6B44AD4-641E-4BA1-9101-5206C3788877.jpeg (2.75 MiB) Viewed 3924 times
CLIFFORD2K1
New

Post by CLIFFORD2K1 »

Wow it looks great in black. Wonder if I should of went black instead of metallic blue. Are those the standard lee lights?
stevereeves
Silver Member
Drives: Atlantic Blue '21 Mk8 Golf 1.5 6sp Style

Post by stevereeves »

Car looks nice. Depending on actual shade of blue, my Golf is Atlantic Blue, black isn't that much darker....
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

CLIFFORD2K1 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:14 pm Wow it looks great in black. Wonder if I should of went black instead of metallic blue.
Dark colours look great but are a labour of love to keep looking good - they do look good when they’re clean, but unfortunately don’t stay looking that way for long. A poor car washing technique will soon result in a car covered in visible swirl marks - especially noticeable on dark colours, so if you don’t currently use a safe wash technique, I’d urge you to ditch the single bucket, sponge and wash leather and consider changing to a two bucket (or three bucket) wash method in readiness for when you take delivery of your car. There’s lots of really good information on safe car wash techniques over on Detailing World - the first two posts in the thread at the link below are worth reading;

https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=4637

Oh, and avoid the many car hand wash places - they tend to use very harsh cleaning products to speed up the wash process as more cars washed = more £££’s for them. Those harsh products can very quickly strip off any wax / sealant protection you’ve applied to your car. And when you car goes back to the VW dealer for servicing / repairs, don’t let them do the free complimentary service wash, unless you want your paintwork to get the scratch ‘n swirl treatment inflicted by their car washer with a gritty sponge and bucket of dirty water 😮🤔. Those automatic car wash machines with the large rollers and brushes are also a no-no for me………..my car deserves better!
Harrihealey02
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 SEL

Post by Harrihealey02 »

What is the economy like in this car?
Teachertim
New

Post by Teachertim »

It’s great, averaging 46mpg with combination of urban and motorway. Gets easy over 60mpg on the motorway.
Teachertim
New

Post by Teachertim »

CLIFFORD2K1 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:14 pm Wow it looks great in black. Wonder if I should of went black instead of metallic blue. Are those the standard lee lights?
Yes, standard lights.
Vonbek2004
Bronze Member
Drives: R Line Polo

Post by Vonbek2004 »

Hi all,
Wow I didn’t think I’d be back so soon but circumstances are just right.

I am looking at purchasing a Polo R line, and wondered if the light strip in the middle is just for the matrix led or whether the light goes across the front of the car?

Also on another note, as two dealers and trying for my business, Seat and VW

Seat are offering me an iBiza excellence lux ( same as current car) but in dsg as that’s what I need or a Cupra Formentor,
But I’m not sure whether to stick with VW

What’s peoples thoughts?

Can anyone provide nighttime pictures of the R line (standard lighting) please.?

Thanks
Stuart
CLIFFORD2K1
New

Post by CLIFFORD2K1 »

I’m yet to receive my car. Had a build date of wk 10. But also got a generic be letter this wk about delays in orders due to semi conductor shortage