Airbag Light and DTC code 01317 VAGCOM Norfolk

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Norfolk
New
Drives: 9N Diesel

Airbag Light and DTC code 01317 VAGCOM Norfolk

Post by Norfolk »

Hi

I have run into a problem with my son's 2002 Polo.

He had a problem at the weekend where the instrument cluster lost all readings whilst driving. By the time he got home the car would only start and then imediately die. Eventually, we found that the problem was the 8 pin socket on the board of the instrument cluster. 4 of the pins were loose and the socket could move and disconnect/reconnect. I got the pins resoldered and all is back and running and the lights on and door open beeper works for the first time. Felt like a massive win except.....he now has the airbag light on. This seems to be common where the instrument is unplugged with the battery is not disconnected.

We connected a cheap Amazon reader and it found the code 01317. This code seems to relate to problems with the instrument cluster. Clearing the code turns the airbag code off for a moment but it returns.

This seems to be a very common problem which people struggle to clear and in particular, it seems to require a more sophisticated VAGCOM. I have seen suggestions of cables and laptops but not for Macbooks.

Any ideas for resolving this or of anyone in the Norwich area who has a better VAGCOM setup much appreciated!

Thanks

Russ
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Airbag Light and DTC code 01317 VAGCOM Norfolk

Post by iichel »

I don't think a vagcom is going to save you

have a look here --> http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/01317
Norfolk
New

Post by Norfolk »

Hi

Thanks. Have looked at Ross VAG COM. PC only….
Norfolk
New

Post by Norfolk »

Have managed to borrow a PC laptop and have a lead coming through ebay. Any tips on the ROSS Lite much appreciated!
scotspie501
Getting There!
Drives: 2002

Post by scotspie501 »

will you let me know how you get on with your lead as I have a 2002 polo 9 n with air bag light on but I have ordered a scanner

I would like a lead as I had one a few years ago but keep seeing on line how they dont seem to work now
scotspie501
Getting There!

Post by scotspie501 »

Hi all

My sons 2002 polo also has same code and the low brake pad warning light is on ,is the instrument cluster the rev gauge and the speed gauge

is that the instrument cluster
CarbonChaos
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI DSG Oryx white 3 door.

Post by CarbonChaos »

Yep the instrument cluster they are referring to is in front of the driver, with the dials in it’s all one piece and does more than you may think.
scotspie501
Getting There!

Post by scotspie501 »

Hi

I fitted a new cluster does it programmed as its not starting the car can vag com lite do it
scotspie501
Getting There!

Post by scotspie501 »

Hi All

I have now disabled the brake wear light with vag com as I know the pads are good now down to 1x light Airbag light is on but cant communicate with VAG-COM

too many communication errors .I think the airbag module is knackered as I can talk to all the other modules

The local garage is telling me that the instrument cluster is just plug and play does anyone know for sure I dont think it is or I would be able to change the status of the brake pad warning light

any ideas