Engine oil flush ?

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Zeno
New
Drives: 2004 Polo Twist 1.2 12v manual 73k

Engine oil flush ?

Post by Zeno »

9n 1.2 petrol 74,000mls. I have previously successfully done engine flushes on Volvo petrol and Diesel engines with timing belts, that have mostly resulted in cleaner oil for longer after the flush.
As the 1.2 has a timing chain are their any extra risks with these engines and what are peoples experiences of flushing these engines :?:
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Engine oil flush ?

Post by RUM4MO »

I've not needed to do it with a chain driven engine, but I used to, every other year, add in Comma Petrol Flush into the oil a week before carrying out the oil change, doing that I considered was probably better than just stuffing in a more aggressive "10 minutes at idle" additive.
littlepolo
Gold Member

Post by littlepolo »

The mileage is not high on your vehicle but I would consider what you expect to gain from a flush. Regular oil changes (e.g. twice yearly) with a good oil will keep it clean. Shell Helix is good at cleaning (but results in a slightly noisier top end) and I've used that occasionally before reverting to Fuchs or Castrol 5W40.
Zeno
New
Drives: 2004 Polo Twist 1.2 12v manual 73k

Post by Zeno »

Thanks. Just put in Shell helix so will change again in 6 months, putting in Fuchs as I always use Fuchs in my Volvos with success. :)
Lordbender
New
Drives: Mk6 Polo

Post by Lordbender »

Similar problem I had. First check it on repair center then it said that I need to change a whole engine. So, I have been looking for 6 moths it and finally toI found at https://orbimotors.com/ . RECOMMEND