Removing wiper linkage

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Aybesea
Getting There!
Drives: Polo 9Ns 1.2 AZQ 2003 Reflex Silver

Removing wiper linkage

Post by Aybesea »

My wiper linkage has a lot of wear so i am changing the linkage,I got the wiper blades off easy enough using a ball joint remover but i am finding removing the plastic cover quite difficult as it will not unclip .I do not want to split/break it ,so can anybody tell me how it is held on,is it expansion clips so i just give it a good pull(up or outwards) to release the pastic cover? Seems bit fragile to me to do that.I looked in the Haynes manual but does not give much info just says unclip it .
Aybesea
Getting There!
Drives: Polo 9Ns 1.2 AZQ 2003 Reflex Silver

Re: Removing wiper linkage

Post by Aybesea »

Done it ,but a pain in the butt as it took longer than i thought,The bolts that hold the front plate(covered in Felt) on in front of the linkage are torx T30 8 of them IIRC, and the ECU and plate and the air filter box needs to come off aswell to get to the two behind it.Took the plastic cover off ,it is a push fit into a groove below the glass ,started at one end and released the cover.putting it back i started at one end and pushed it back in ,i cleaned the groove out first.some places it was harder to just push in so thumped it with the side of my fist.All back together now but wiper blades needed to be reset aswell.Before i put the felt covered plate back on i marked where the holes were so easier to find when putting them back in.