Polo 2005 key sync

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
HowardAx
New
Drives: Volkswagen Polo 2005

Polo 2005 key sync

Post by HowardAx »

Hello everyone, I bought a vw polo 1.2 benzine and it has just one key, I changed the battery but I can't close or open the car with buttons from distance, only from keylock.
LED on key is flashing, so battery is good, but car doesn't react to radio commands from key. I tried so many ways that I found on google to sync/programme the key, but I didn't found something exactly for my car, they were for another models of polo.
So if someone can help me, thank you in advance!
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Polo 2005 key sync

Post by RUM4MO »

Sorry I can't help as I've never had that problem with a 9N Polo, maybe buy another basic VW type of key, ideally a new one cut to your lock's profile and then get it's engine immob transponder programmed to your car - then try to sync that key while using the new basic key as directed by the online guides, I'm not sure if you can re-sync these key's remote function without another key being available - though I could be wrong, plus having a second key could save you a lot of trouble later on.
HowardAx
New
Drives: Volkswagen Polo 2005

Re: Polo 2005 key sync

Post by HowardAx »

RUM4MO wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:52 pm Sorry I can't help as I've never had that problem with a 9N Polo, maybe buy another basic VW type of key, ideally a new one cut to your lock's profile and then get it's engine immob transponder programmed to your car - then try to sync that key while using the new basic key as directed by the online guides, I'm not sure if you can re-sync these key's remote function without another key being available - though I could be wrong, plus having a second key could save you a lot of trouble later on.
No problem, thanks for advice, and yes, a second key will never be useless, but I tried to find more cheap method :D because in my country one new key, programmed through cable, will cost me around 100$, but anyway thanks for your response :)