P019E code Engine running rough

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Megamast
New
Drives: Polo 1.4 Twist TDI

P019E code Engine running rough

Post by Megamast »

This Fault is now driving me nuts. The code checker normally shows P019E I understand this is basically telling me that the crank and cam are not in sync. This is normally caused by a failed sensor. I have changed both Cam and crank sensor no change. Checked timing marks fitted new belt water pump etc .

Engine runs as though its running on two cylinder really shakes on mountings. I can clear the error code sometimes and it wont return for 5 mins or more even then I sometimes not always have the engine light off. With engine light off and no error codes it still runs rough.

I used to find cancelling codes whilst running it momentarily ran smooth for a second or two.

Things I've done checked timing belt timing marks on crank and cam
Fitted new belt water pump idler etc it was due to be changed in the next 10k or so
Changed glowplugs I realize this had nothing to do with the P019e fault but they needed doing
Changed both sensors crank and cam

I have checked and checked for continuity from sensors to the ECU.

What is a p019E? what relevance has the E ?

Any help appreciated.
Bepis
Silver Member
Drives: 2017 6C GTi Manual

Re: P019E code Engine running rough

Post by Bepis »

After looking on Ross Techs Wiki, I couldn't find P019E but found:

VW/OBD
16574/P0190 - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor (G247): Circuit Malfunction
16575/P0191/000401 - Fuel Pressure Sensor (G247): Implausible Signal
16576/P0192 - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor (G247): Circuit Low Input
16577/P0193 - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor (G247): Circuit High Input
16578/P0194 - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor (G247): Circuit Intermittent

All P019_ codes seem to be related to the fuel rail pressure sensor. I don't know anything about the 1.4 diesel but maybe take a look and see if you are getting adequate fuel pressure or if the fuel pressure sensor has failed.
asday101
New
Drives: '03 1.4 tdi

Post by asday101 »

Resurrecting this,

Did anyone get an answer to the cause? I'm having exactly the same issue. And with the same fault code.

Car is high mileage but an otherwise good reliable runner. Fault first presented about 2 weeks ago on a short shop run as very slight hesitation/bucking while cruising at 30. But it was gone on the home run.

Then yesterday it happened again on a slightly longer run. Started the same way but then quickly lost a cylinder on the ring road. Solution was to thrash it home, this seemed to work.

Today the fault is more prevalent. Starts fine from cold but quickly develops a rough idle (temp sensor around 30C). I wouldn't even risk driving it now.

Any ideas? I've read that the injector wiring loom can be faulty. My main concern is that the only fault code I get is P019E,which does not specifically point to injectors from what I can find online.

Cheers.

Adam.
asday101
New
Drives: '03 1.4 tdi

Post by asday101 »

Update,

Replacing the injector wiring loom did indeed fix the fault. Not sure what the spurious fault code is about but many forum users have commented that the loom is a common point of failure.

Cheers.