Central locking module

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
oph
New
Drives: 54 plate 1.4 16V petrol

Central locking module

Post by oph »

All,

If I try and lock the car, it will aside the passenger side, it's a 3 door.
If I try and unlock it via the remote it wont work. I therefore go in with the key and turn over the ignition but the alarm goes off momentarily before I crank to shut up.

Any ideas? I leave to get the train to London at 5 50 every morning and the neighbours wont be pleased if I cant rectify
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Central locking module

Post by RUM4MO »

One easy check to make:- after you have unlocked the car by any means, when you open the driver's side door does the interior light come on, if not, your problem, or one of your problems is the driver's door lock assembly and it is not "telling" the car that is is now unlocked.
There should be a 10 second or 15 second alarm delay so if you quickly unlock the driver's door using the key in the lock barrel, you should have time to get the key into the ignition switch and it turned before the 10 or 15 seconds alarm delay runs out.
oph
New

Post by oph »

Hi mate, yes I believe the light does come on
oph
New

Post by oph »

RUM4MO wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:07 pm
There should be a 10 second or 15 second alarm delay so if you quickly unlock the driver's door using the key in the lock barrel, you should have time to get the key into the ignition switch and it turned before the 10 or 15 seconds alarm delay runs out.
Yes, the alarm wont initially trigger. I get in and get the key in the barrel, turn, then it chirps, then the engine turns over and the alarm stops.