Amp cable through firewall?

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
jack22547
New
Drives: 2004 9N 1.4 TDI

Amp cable through firewall?

Post by jack22547 »

Hi guys, I've just installed a 12" subwoofer into my 1.4 TDI. It all works fine but the power cable (battery to amplifier) had to run over the bonnet and through the door. I looked for a very long time under and behind the glove box, above the pedals, in the engine bay etc but literally could not find where the wires run through the firewall. I couldn't even find a spare grommet! Does anyone know where I could pass this cable through without having to drill a hole? Many thanks, Jack. (preferably a spare grommet passengers side if that exists) :mrgreen:
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Amp cable through firewall?

Post by iichel »

There should be a grommet where the cable on the other-hand-side-drive bonnet release cable should go through, in your case the LHD cable. That should be more than sufficient to route a subwoofer wire through. It's behind the glove box, but very high up.
jack22547
New
Drives: 2004 9N 1.4 TDI

Re: Amp cable through firewall?

Post by jack22547 »

I did see this in the car and thought about it, there's the same odd grommet behind and under the wiper area too (behind and near the grommet your talking about), Ill give this a go this weekend :)